Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Time change

butch

Reaction score
Been a rough couple days the beginning of this week. Getting used to the new daylight savings is a bummer, gets my bms out of regulation. I read somewhere that there are two states that do not conform to the ritual, Hawaii and AZ along with Anzia's residents of Puerto Rico. How about Canada and other places, like OZ? Just wondering on a stormy rainy morning.

Some Provinces in Canada don't from what I know. Here in Ontario we do and I feel your pain. Hard getting used to it going either way. Hopefully someone will some smarts will stop this madness. Not holding my breath though.

Reactions: butch
Daylight Savings is an antiquated system that the goverment invented. I can't remember the reason why was invented, but if my memory doesn't fade, it had to do with business and stocks. The solution is to move down to Puerto Rico.

Daylight Savings is an antiquated system that the goverment invented. I can't remember the reason why was invented, but if my memory doesn't fade, it had to do with business and stocks. The solution is to move down to Puerto Rico.
Well the reason most folks down here in the south think, it gave the farmers more daylight to work.
I personally think the extra hour of sun causes more global warming. ;)

South Oz reverts to the dark ages on 5th April. That means West Oz will only be 1.5 hours behind instead of a crazy 2.5 ?

Couple of DST stories -

I used to commute eastward along the interstate at dawn. The weeks before DST were murder, driving into the sunrise. Took a few weeks for an early enough sunrise to get the sun comfortably behind the visor. Just as I was beginning to relax, DST kicks in and I'm back to the sun in the eyes again. Used to pray for cloudy mornings...

My grandfather's brother refused to switch his clocks. Quote from the article above - [ Some warned it was “taking us off God’s time.” ] - brought back memories of their family. Quiet country folks, raising food and maintaining a solid, simple life. On the farm, they lived by the Sun (or God's) time. When they left the farm, they quietly adjusted to the other time. As my grandmother used to say, "They won't change the clocks, but they're never late for church on Sunday.

As far as my views on DST, meh, who cares. I'll only get nervous when they start dropping/adding DAYS instead of hours... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: butch
The solution is to move down to Puerto Rico.
[/QUOTE]

But, but, but, what would Augustine do with all his snow toys???:cool:

Reactions: Goober

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials