Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

TBO or MTBF for EVO

MD Automation

Reaction score
The question is, for the TBO (Time Before Openning).
After how many hours of flights do you think:
1-- Replace the blades.
2-- Replace the motor bearings.
3-- Replace the batteries.
4-- Other ....

And for the MTBF, (Mean Time Before Failure)
50, 100, 200hrs
How much do you think ...?
I know it's new product, but!

1. I replace them yearly. I've seen people replace them every 6 months and I've seen some have their bird for 4 years and still fly with original props.
2. You don't.
3. If you do proper maintenance of the batteries. You will have to start watching them after 60 cycles and don't go over 100 cycles.
4. You might want to replace the pilot, if he becomes to paranoid and won't fly the drone.

My Evo has like 6 hours of flight time and I haven't heard of anyone's Evo dying mid flight for over flying. I have heard of Phantoms with 1000 hours of flight time and still flying strong. It's all in the maintenance and the way you fly. If you fly will and rough, you will burn a motor or make something get broken due to stress. If you fly with moderation and calmly, your bird can last you a good few years worry free.

Reactions: MD Automation
1. I replace them yearly. I've seen people replace them every 6 months and I've seen some have their bird for 4 years and still fly with original props.
2. You don't.
3. If you do proper maintenance of the batteries. You will have to start watching them after 60 cycles and don't go over 100 cycles.
4. You might want to replace the pilot, if he becomes to paranoid and won't fly the drone.

Actually item 1..3 it's true .. But for the fourth, not sure of that .loll
For the rest, it is certain that it takes a good maintenance on the aircraft. To not hurt people.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Kelly