Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Style settings Saturation resets to zero by itself

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey all.

I'm loving the Evo 2 Pro I received Monday.
I think the remote is Chic and the drone, stable.

I set the sharpness to -2 and saturation to -1.

First, I noticed when I would put it back up into the sky after a landing, it would preserve my sharpness setting but reset the saturation to zero.

I started watching more closely and now I see that even while it's up in the sky it will reset itself to a saturation setting of zero.

I've got to say, it's really really annoying to have just gotten a great pass of whatever I'm recording only to see that the saturation setting had reset itself. ?

It's pretty manageable to reset those settings whenever I land and put it back up in the sky.

Not so easy when I'm mid-flight because I'm not sure when it is resetting or what is causing it to reset.
It does not reset the sharpness, only the saturation. ?

Does this happen on y'all's drone?

Have you found a workaround? Am I missing something?

Let me know what works for you if you also adjust the style settings.

I had noticed that as well once, but I had attributed it to a celebration of cannabis legalization in NM and I had simply forgotten to set it :rolleyes:.

Since over-sharpening is difficult to correct in post production, I now only set my sharpness to -2, with the other settings at 0 by default. It is easy enough in either photo or video programs, to nudge the saturation down in post.

Moral of the story? It's good to sweat the details... just pick and choose which ones.

Last edited:
Thanks boss.
I will let it go.

I've flown drone for a few years, but having good video and camera stuff and learning exposure and shutter speed blah blah..
All new over the last 3 months.

Also, I'm learning color science and DaVinci Resolve Studio 17. ?

For some reason my beautiful hevc 10-bit HDR footage is producing hardcore banding in the blue sky and clouds.

Though I used the qualifier and qualified the sky and double checked it with the highlights window, and then added the d-band effect over the qualifier and it did a pretty good job.

The current video I'm working on is flying over a mining waste heap in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

It's really spectacular footage, it was a bright day and I use the HDR setting on 4K 60 with no color profile.

There are stacks of rocks all over the top of the waste mound, as you could imagine, and all of the gray and silver shining from the sun off of the rocks is making it look really noisy.
I'm not sure if what I'm seeing actually qualifies as noise or not.

I'll grab a screenshot off my pc and posted after this.. of course, the still image looks gorgeous.
It only happens when the camera is moving over the rocks so I'm imagining that it is all of the light reflecting off of those rocks into the lens and it being tons and tons of reflections hitting it at different angles causing the rocks to look a little funky.

Any and all tips appreciated!

Whaddya know.

That chart says 4K 60 frames per second only records 8-bit in HDR mode.

I will double check when I get home, but I was pretty sure when I ran my 4K 60 frames per second HDR no color profile through the media info program, it said 10 bit.
?

Looks like I get to go back to the mine tomorrow and shoot everything in 30 FPS.

I've learned a lot today.

I was so bumming about the speed of the yaw, and the EXP setting, while nice for easing in and out, didn't change the overall speed..
Hahaha but then I write about the precision flight mode.

Maybe if I don't get sucked into going through my video footage and editing in resolve 17, then I will watch some videos that explain all of the modes available in the really nice user interface of the autel explorer app.

✌️?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Football Bat