Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Spoke too soon?

jmbsmt63

Reaction score
OK, Looks like I might've spoken too soon...

Not about Autel's service policies but about the EVO being OK now. I was flying in a local park today (second flight since the repair) and all was well for the first 15 min. I noticed a warning "banner" and it stated "ATTI MODE" YaY!!...although it had 15 satellites it lost GPS!! I was able to bring it back and down and it went into Starpoint when close to the ground and I landed it. I re-booted the drone and re-launched... the same thing. I shut everything down ( remote/app/drone and installed a fresh battery and launched again...same thing!

I packed it all in and walked back to my house and tried again in my usual test spot ( my driveway) and it was the same!
That is where I snapped these screenshots.
Under approx 10 feet if no GPS it will go into Starpoint mode and if over 10 feet it will go ATTI mode. As shown in the screenshots, it had plenty of satellites (13 and 15) but no GPS
I also had my Anafi with me at the park so I flew a battery through that just to see if there was some weird interference...The Anafi worked just fine!
A phone call and email to Autel resulted in an immediate reply and after discussing it, they are going to swap mine for another opened but fully tested EVO...
Fingers Crossed...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190418-125534_Autel Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20190418-125534_Autel Explorer.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20190418-125617_Autel Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20190418-125617_Autel Explorer.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 24
20190419_045056.jpg

Mine was doing something simular last year. Turned out to be a bad mainboard.

Ah... crap... sorry you're going through this... they should just replace yours with a brand new one...

Its feeling like they are "buying time" on the expense of your 1 year manufacturers warranty... sort of like how they do consumers at the car dealerships, and that's not a pleasant scenario...

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain