Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Snow day for the kids

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Got a good dump of snow last night. Kids are happy. School buses are cancelled so no school for them. Looks like I will be busy for a while this morning. Actually looks very pretty.

Looking out across the street at 7:30 AM. The telephone cable coming to my house is loaded with wet snow. Hope the power does not go out. Conditions are right for tree branches breaking on hydro wires and causing all kinds of problems. Oh well tis the season LOL
2017_0412_003108_002-denoise.jpg

Where I live, the Mayor just put this out.
Looks like everyone gets a holiday today. :)

Emergency Declared In Oliver Paipoonge
November 21, 2019 07:40 am
Emergency Declared In Oliver Paipoonge
You’re being asked to stay home today if you live in Oliver Paipoonge.

Mayor Lucy Kloosterhuis has declared an emergency.

She says there was rain before the snow last night, which has made for very dangerous road conditions.

The mayor adds plows are not able to get on the roads, and should anyone venture out, emergency vehicles will have a difficult time reaching you if a collision or accident should happen.

Wow, that’s some warning. It does look pretty though. Is it OK, to walk around though? How slippery is it?

My iPhone screeched 4 times yesterday to warn of flash floods, heavy rain, lightning... I tried to shoot lightning pics again, but it was too overcast

Got a good dump of snow last night. Kids are happy. School buses are cancelled so no school for them. Looks like I will be busy for a while this morning. Actually looks very pretty.

Looking out across the street at 7:30 AM. The telephone cable coming to my house is loaded with wet snow. Hope the power does not go out. Conditions are right for tree branches breaking on hydro wires and causing all kinds of problems. Oh well tis the season LOL
View attachment 5602
Yes it is a pretty scene. You could hang a string of lights on the fence a lights on the trees and have a beautiful Christmas card. :)

Wow, that’s some warning. It does look pretty though. Is it OK, to walk around though? How slippery is it?

My iPhone screeched 4 times yesterday to warn of flash floods, heavy rain, lightning... I tried to shoot lightning pics again, but it was too overcast

Not sure what her problem is, everyone is getting around just fine. Just another day in Canada. Maybe she can't get to her bingo game or somethng. :)

I had a moose get into my electric fence I have staked outside of my garden fence and made a mess of it trying to escape the punishment. Guess its time to hang up the wires. I was still protecting my raspberry canes which moose just love to eat in the fall as the last plants to keep their green leaves. Rained all night here and still coming down at 1pm @35°F. Was planning to go whale watching today for some aerial shots but I have a drone and not a duck. Tomorrow might be better opportunities and the high tide is later into the day for better light conditions. I did see one adult beluga yesterday feeding alone but it was in the section of the river that is a No Fly Zone in our controlled airport area.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghost183