Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Remote Id

Sheppy1945

Reaction score
Had anyone considered whether the Evo 2 can be retrofitted to comply with the FAA's regulation for remote id?

From one of their interviews they did say when and if it comes about they will deal with it then. Take that for what ever that means. I think they will be able to as most UAV's will also be able to.

As @Agustine mentioned above, a reasonable assumption is that most UAVs will be able to be outfitted with Remote ID equipment when and if we as an industry cross that bridge. It's simply too early to infer what the future will look like for RID. What we do know is that it's going to take some time...

Reactions: gschulzuio
Question, When registering with the FAA, do you say yes for remote when they ask? this for a EVO Pro 2

Question, When registering with the FAA, do you say yes for remote when they ask? this for a EVO Pro 2
You would say "No" currently. There are not any systems on the market currently that are able to generate a RID serial number. If you say yes, it will ask you for the RID serial number.

When manufacturers release firmware updates in the coming year (or so), systems will then become RID capable, and at that point they will be able to generate an RID serial number. You would then update your FAA registration to "Yes" for RID capable and then input your RID serial number.

Hi everyone for your information here in France the UAS Dri(direct remote identification) is mandatory since beginning of the year 2021 for the UAS over than 800gr. For the moment all people who have a uas who do not have this identification made by the manufacturer must buy a module(i-e dronavia or airbot) and stick it on the uas. which is look like a big wart ! So I often ask Autel R. if they are considering doing a firmware upgrade about this DRI, but their answers are that they don't know ... Also I have already asked them if does it stick on top of the front EVO 2 does not risk disturbing the on-board electronics and their response was "Use of any third-party accessories will void our warranty policy. I can only ask on our end our developers which part of the aircraft transmit the GPS signal". i got also this one in April 26 "As of the moment, we do not have any information with regards to the Beacon identification system if it would be included in the next firmware update. We understand that this is a critical necessity to meet with our consumers demand. Not just in the state of France alone, but to be able to comply with every EU state requirments. Our engineers have look into this, rest assured that this is taken as a priority. Kindly stay tuned to the latest updates by visiting Autel Robotics' official website or by subscribing to our social media accounts". So now if I want to use my drone I have to pay the sum of 200 dollars. If they do not react quickly they will lose market share in France and in Europe because in 2022 it will be compulsory everywhere in EU.

Maybe the FAA will not make it "retroactive" but only applicable on manufacturing or purchase or registration after a specific date. I'm sure they understand that requiring virtually every drone over 250g to obtain RID seems like it would create a hardship for millions of people and wouldn't really be practical since you can be sure a huge majority wouldn't do it either from not being aware or not caring. Just like I'd bet there are millions of drones not even registered as required "by law." They would need quite a large "enforcement" team to knock on millions of doors then drag you off to a Federal Pen! They have more urgent things to be concerned about.

Maybe the FAA will not make it "retroactive" but only applicable on manufacturing or purchase or registration after a specific date. I'm sure they understand that requiring virtually every drone over 250g to obtain RID seems like it would create a hardship for millions of people and wouldn't really be practical since you can be sure a huge majority wouldn't do it either from not being aware or not caring. Just like I'd bet there are millions of drones not even registered as required "by law." They would need quite a large "enforcement" team to knock on millions of doors then drag you off to a Federal Pen! They have more urgent things to be concerned about.
if they go by registration, we "re-register" every 3 years. so much for "retroactive."

if they go by registration, we "re-register" every 3 years. so much for "retroactive."

Yea, well, hey Mr FAA, I no longer own it. But other than that the chances they are going to use the mind boggling amount of manpower needed to do that is slim to none. Sure, they will likely send out mailers but there is no way to enforce that other than going door to door looking for drones. There are probably millions out there not even registered, I think the panic right now is a bit over the top. DISCLAIMER: OBVIOUSLY I will do the right thing whatever it is ;) as will most who use them for commercial purposes but the general population of millions of $100 toy drones over ????? grams, not a chance.

• Haha
Reactions: kenautelevo2pro

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy