Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Remote Control Antenna

Copepe

Reaction score
Hey, guys, I'm new to this forum as I haven't even received my Evo. However, I'm curious regarding what Autel has done, if anything, to correct the antenna problems I've read so much about. Also, as a bonus, I'd like your feedback regarding ownership and flying the Evo vis a vis the DJI Mavic Pro. My first drone was a Mavic Pro Platinum and had it for 1 year. Just sold it to buy the Evo, although I had much peer pressure to get me to go with the Mavic 2 Zoom. I couldn't justify the cost difference.

Thank you and glad to be with you.

What do you mean antenna problem? I haven't had any problems with mine. Just make sure you have them pointing correctly. Standing up for close flights and down for far flights. I haven't had any type of problems with the video stream or controls.

I own a P4P v2.0 which has occusync, but have flown a MP and M2P. In my honest opinion, nothing beats ocusync. The stability and lack of latency is just second to none. Even behind objects like trees, buildings, etc. Don't get me wrong, the Evo performs very well, but ocusync is superior. That being said, the Evo exceeds in other areas. The camera from the Evo is just way better than that of the MP and M2Z, heck, I prefer it over the P4P. The colors look more real, vs DJIs that usually are oversaturated.

Best of all, you can kiss geofencing goodbye!

? Geofencing...

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Ansia, thank you for your prompt response. The antenna issue I'm referring to is that the pivot pins seem to come off and people have been replacing them with toothpicks. Regarding Occusync, it is indeed phenomenal, but many reviewers led me to believe that the Evo would, at least, reach those lofty standards.

Ansia, thank you for your prompt response. The antenna issue I'm referring to is that the pivot pins seem to come off and people have been replacing them with toothpicks. Regarding Occusync, it is indeed phenomenal, but many reviewers led me to believe that the Evo would, at least, reach those lofty standards.
It can. There is a bit more delay than ocusync. I don't know if you have tried Lightbride. Well it feels more like Lightbridge. It's very stable and if you are planning for a 7km distance flight, it will perform really well. I read about the pin issue, but haven't experienced it myself. Perhaps it was fixed?

Here you go. Ocusync vs Lightbridge vs whatever Evo's signal is called.

Thanks, Ansia. I haven't tried Lightbridge, but have flown my MPP side by side with M2Z and M2P and haven't really noticed a big difference between Occusync and Occusync 2.0. You have a good night.

Reactions: Ansia
I am not sure if Autel has implemented a permanent fix/upgrade to the antenna pins but I remember someone mentioned a bigger pin used if sent in for repair.
I did have one of the pins fall out and I used the toothpick. I sent the remote along with the EVO for a crash repair and they did replace the pins that were missing without additional charge. That being said, they did not mention doing anything to the remote on the invoice. I assume they just automatically warrantied them. I honestly can not say if the pins they installed are any bigger or tighter than the "old" ones. I put a small drop of crazy glue on the head of the pin anyway to make sure they don't come out.

The antenna problem is with the pins at the base of the antennas that hold them in place. They are prone to come out and get lost. People are using toothpicks to fix. I sent my controller in to Autel to be repaired. They replaced both antennas in one day and it's already on the way back to me. However, they said they are aware of the problem but if you attempt to repair it yourself it voids the warranty. So I had to pay $51.06. No big deal they paid for shipping both ways. Anxious to get my controller back. Only had a couple flights with my Evo when the pin came out. Check your controller...

The antenna problem is with the pins at the base of the antennas that hold them in place. They are prone to come out and get lost. People are using toothpicks to fix. I sent my controller in to Autel to be repaired. They replaced both antennas in one day and it's already on the way back to me. However, they said they are aware of the problem but if you attempt to repair it yourself it voids the warranty. So I had to pay $51.06. No big deal they paid for shipping both ways. Anxious to get my controller back. Only had a couple flights with my Evo when the pin came out. Check your controller...
Did they tell you what causes the pins to fall off? Are they plastic or metal? I've looked at mine, but it has a tight plastic cover.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d