Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

recording video to ipad

Kelse

Reaction score
Is it possible to record on an ipad the live video stream while flying an Evo?

That’s what I think too. Too bad. As always, thanks for the reply

Is it possible to record on an ipad the live video stream while flying an Evo?
Although I've been an Apple/Mac man since 1984 I'm not into iOS at all. But I'm sure you can browse the App Store and find a number of 3rd party apps that will allow you to record your Drone Camera live view screen to the tablet storage. No different than recording game play screens on video games. But you will have all the telemetry info overlay on the video recorded to the tablet.

I run an Android Galaxy Tablet that has a built-in app called Game Launcher. Built into this app is an option to start recording anything that is displayed on the tablet screen once I have launched Explorer from inside the Game Launcher menu window. When my Explorer app is up and running there is a tiny hot link icon in the corner that when clicked will bring up the window with an option to start recording. The video is saved to my SD card which is 128GB for plenty of storage room. When you want to stop recording you just open the tablet's notification window and click on the "Game Launcher running" notice to shut off the recording. Gamers use these type of apps for Youtube videos all the time.

From your post it wasn't clear if you also want to stream live to the Internet like is possible in Facebook and Youtube now. I didn't get the impression that was your goal. But Autel may be working on that behind the scenes. You never know.

I use DU Recorder for android to record my screen as I fly. IOS can do it also and I think they have a built in app to do it and if not there will be an app for it that you can use.
As for live streaming, Ipad i'm not sure but again if you have a phone with a camera, it can be used as a webcam IE Skype. If it can do that then you can stream live to just about any platform like Youtube.
You could also do it with a Gopro 6 and below if you have a capture card to route the video to your computer while using a program like OBS. Gopro 7's I think can do it without any mods.

Live streaming now to Youtube requires you to have 1000 subs if you are using a mobile device. A little safety net they added for all those jackasses videoing mass shootings like the guy in Australia

Yup. There are other places to stream too like Twitch, Facebook etc... Just saying it is possible. Youtube just has more restrictions for mobile devices now.

Although I've been an Apple/Mac man since 1984 I'm not into iOS at all. But I'm sure you can browse the App Store and find a number of 3rd party apps that will allow you to record your Drone Camera live view screen to the tablet storage. No different than recording game play screens on video games. But you will have all the telemetry info overlay on the video recorded to the tablet.

I run an Android Galaxy Tablet that has a built-in app called Game Launcher. Built into this app is an option to start recording anything that is displayed on the tablet screen once I have launched Explorer from inside the Game Launcher menu window. When my Explorer app is up and running there is a tiny hot link icon in the corner that when clicked will bring up the window with an option to start recording. The video is saved to my SD card which is 128GB for plenty of storage room. When you want to stop recording you just open the tablet's notification window and click on the "Game Launcher running" notice to shut off the recording. Gamers use these type of apps for Youtube videos all the time.

From your post it wasn't clear if you also want to stream live to the Internet like is possible in Facebook and Youtube now. I didn't get the impression that was your goal. But Autel may be working on that behind the scenes. You never know.
Thanks for the great reply. I am looking for an app that will allow me to do exactly what Game Launcher does but in IOS as I dont have an Android device. The telemetry information would be nice to have and be able to review footage from flights.

Thanks again.

Just found the screen recorder that is included with Iphone. Easy Peasy

Reactions: Trox
I thought the new version of the app let you record video on your tablet straight from the app. But I don't see how. Anybody?

I plug my controller into my ipad , launch the autel app and when i am ready to fly i always use screen record on the ipad or iphone which allows me to look back at the flight records.
I am still very happy with my Evo 1 and I have not as of yet installed the newest firmware version.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials