Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Quieter props?

PoorMoney

Reaction score
Is there any quieter props for the Evo? I can fly it 400' and can still hear it. I saw a Mavic 2 Pro in flight and the thing is quieter than the Evo. Is it possible to swap props from a Mavic to an Evo?

Is there any quieter props for the Evo? I can fly it 400' and can still hear it. I saw a Mavic 2 Pro in flight and the thing is quieter than the Evo. Is it possible to swap props from a Mavic to an Evo?
The holes on the props of each aircraft are different and will not work.

Found this on YT. Looks like Mavic Pro props on EVO comparison. Not a big difference in my opinion but does have a slightly lower tone.

Even my Anafi which is suppose to be the quietest props around I can hear mine 200-300 feet away. Also the Master Air Screw props on my X-Star are a tad quieter but not by much. The turned up end of those props are suppose to make them quieter with how the air gets deflected from the prop. Anyone brave enough to bend their EVO props :)

Even my Anafi which is suppose to be the quietest props around I can hear mine 200-300 feet away. Also the Master Air Screw props on my X-Star are a tad quieter but not by much. The turned up end of those props are suppose to make them quieter with how the air gets deflected from the prop. Anyone brave enough to bend their EVO props :)
Yup, they are noticeably quieter, but it’s nothing major. I do think they perform better overall, but it’s still a flying jig saw!

It's not as simple as cutting a corner and flying. The edge has to have a different angle than the rest of the propeller in order for the deflected air to change dB. You also have to make sure they are well balanced or your drone might lose control.

Attachments

• 2019-12-25 12.45.58.jpg
    2019-12-25 12.45.58.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • 2019-12-25 12.46.42.jpg
    2019-12-25 12.46.42.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I can have it 400' in the air and 400' away and can still hear it...yeah it is pretty quiet on my farm, but it would still be loud to hear it over something else. I was doing a little surveillance on some dog hunters near our farm and I'd imagine they heard it but probably wondering what it was lolol.

Just trying to see if there were some props already made. I have a 3D printer, but I havent got to the point of creating something myself yet.

i agree its pretty damn loud. i had mine at about 1100 feet and i could still hear it buzzing

Reactions: PoorMoney
I have put mavic props on my evo and ruled them out. Very little difference in sound and slightly less flight time.

From what I can see it doesnt appear to be as stable with the "other" props. Guarantee flight characteristics are significantly different.

Master Air Screws are the way to go, slightly lower pitch in sound. Performance is great. I have them on my Mavics and Evo. Also picked up some for the P4adv. Yes, I have way too many drones.

*sorry, I am a dufus...none for the EVO

Last edited:
Reactions: PoorMoney
Master Air Screws are the way to go, slightly lower pitch in sound. Performance is great. I have them on my Mavics and Evo. Also picked up some for the P4adv. Yes, I have way too many drones.
I see they dont have one specific for EVO. Which did you use to put on your EVO?

oh man, sorry, I mispoke...shows you how long it has been since I pulled out the EVO!

Just wonder anyone here brave to try modify FIMI X8SE prop on Autel Evo. Please share your thought as well.

Attachments

• PROPELLER SIZE.jpg
    PROPELLER SIZE.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 12

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791