Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Question for Autel people.

Georgeau

Reaction score
I have two 6K cameras that need to be fixed. I contacted the service department and I ask them if it is possible. Here the confusion started they told me I have to send the drone together with the cameras. I don't have 2 drones I have only one and is working perfectly with my 8K camera. Why do I have to send the drone since these cameras are interchangeable?
Can't you repair only the cameras? Both of them need the flexible cable to be replaced that's all. Why has to be a hassle to service only the cameras. I have to send the drone when the drone has no problems at all. The lady told me they can't service the camera without a drone without any explanation why. You guys there at the Autel can't make a pleasant experience for your customers?
What if I buy a good 6K camera and wanted to use it with my 8K drone, do I have to send it to you to be set up? You said on your website these cameras can be swapped at any time. I am still really confused and I am waiting for someone to clear this up for me. Thank you for any input.

send one drone with one camera.
get it fixed.
send back the same drone with the second camera.
get it fixed.

who has time to question the system or the process? who want to confuse a process that is already "not perfect" and risk ending up with something lost or unrepaired?

personally, i would just do what they ask....but that's just me. ;)

That is a good point. The thing is I have to send them the drone and who knows I have to wait for them to fix it and I lose a job worth 2 new 6K cameras is no point to send them anything. maybe I will keep the cameras for parts.
The system is really stupid anyway. Thanks for the input.

That is a good point. The thing is I have to send them the drone and who knows I have to wait for them to fix it and I lose a job worth 2 new 6K cameras is no point to send them anything. maybe I will keep the cameras for parts.
The system is really stupid anyway. Thanks for the input.
If the dodgy cameras aren't brand new and under warranty: you might be better off buying the cable you require from a parts supplier and effecting the repair yourself. There's bound to be a strip-down video somewhere on youtube or an on-line step-by-step article. Had similar problems with my Mavic 2 (also swappable modular cameras) and ended up getting all "Blue Peter" with the drone on my kitchen worksurface. All of the flat ribbon cabling has pop-off: pop-on connectors. As long as you pay attention to what you're doing and aren't totally ham-fisted - it should be pretty straightforward.

Reactions: ethelsnakes
If the dodgy cameras aren't brand new and under warranty: you might be better off buying the cable you require from a parts supplier and effecting the repair yourself. There's bound to be a strip-down video somewhere on youtube or an on-line step-by-step article. Had similar problems with my Mavic 2 (also swappable modular cameras) and ended up getting all "Blue Peter" with the drone on my kitchen worksurface. All of the flat ribbon cabling has pop-off: pop-on connectors. As long as you pay attention to what you're doing and aren't totally ham-fisted - it should be pretty straightforward.
The thing is the cable is nowhere to be found and they do not sell it to the public. I am in talks with some people to duplicate these cables.

I have two 6K cameras that need to be fixed. I contacted the service department and I ask them if it is possible. Here the confusion started they told me I have to send the drone together with the cameras. I don't have 2 drones I have only one and is working perfectly with my 8K camera. Why do I have to send the drone since these cameras are interchangeable?
Can't you repair only the cameras? Both of them need the flexible cable to be replaced that's all. Why has to be a hassle to service only the cameras. I have to send the drone when the drone has no problems at all. The lady told me they can't service the camera without a drone without any explanation why. You guys there at the Autel can't make a pleasant experience for your customers?
What if I buy a good 6K camera and wanted to use it with my 8K drone, do I have to send it to you to be set up? You said on your website these cameras can be swapped at any time. I am still really confused and I am waiting for someone to clear this up for me. Thank you for any input.
Contact Chris Wade at [email protected]. He does great work and is very familiar with the Autel product. Among many others.

UPDATE. I have an answer from the service department. They told me they need the drone to be able to test the gimbals. Now is hard to believe the techs do not have a drone for testing at their facility. I can send as many cameras I want but I have to send one drone no matter what. That it is wired but at least someone explained it to me after some time.
So you guys have an idea now and be prepared when you need to fix your cameras.

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
UPDATE. I have an answer from the service department. They told me they need the drone to be able to test the gimbals. Now is hard to believe the techs do not have a drone for testing at their facility. I can send as many cameras I want but I have to send one drone no matter what. That it is wired but at least someone explained it to me after some time.

I guess they want to use your drone with it since you're going to be using the same drone for the cameras rather than they fix the camera and test it with their drone then ship the camera back to you and you hook it up and it doesn't work and then blame Autel, is my guess.

I ran into the exact same issue with DJI on the Pro camera on a Mavic 2 Pro, where I was using the Zoom camera on the drone daily, monitoring an active osprey nest. They quoted me $250 for the camera repair. They wanted ANY Mavic 2 drone body to accompany the camera. I found a guy on ebay selling new Mavic 2 bodies only for $500, after stripping new Mavic 2 Pros for parts. Sent it in with the damaged Pro camera, and DJI charged me $250 for repairing the damaged gimbal and cable, and sent me back a brand new Mavic 2 Pro, eligible for Refresh! They had no procedure to replace a camera without a body. Find a used EVO 2 drone and send it in with the 6K camera. You'll likely get a brand new one back!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg