Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Press Release – U.S. Department of Transportation Announces Technology Partners for Remote ID Development

After reading, I couldn’t help noticing how similar this process is to a DoD procurement. It usually means most deadlines will be missed, specifications will change along the way causing further delay. Don’t ya think this will take longer than the FAA thinks?

I think the companies mention will make a ton of money from this and it was decided along time ago who they would be. I also think if anybody thought that the public comment period would change the way forward with remote ID, it’s time for a reality check. This is the big government’s bureaucratic machine running its course.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I might be wrong on this but instead of Amazon why not bring in Google alongside Tmobile do some type of google map integration where aircraft can ping the cell towers to find your drones location if that makes any sense. Just seems like most apps you use whether it be Autel explorer or Yuneec pilots etc they all show your location and your drones location on a map it really can't be that difficult to use the already existing tech to get this information to aircraft in the sky just my thoughts again I could be wrong just seems like this is being way over thought.

Simple. Amazon is interested in having the skies for themselves, Google isn't.
Well then google isn't as smart as they come off but not going to conclusions on how it's all going to turn out im one to let things play out and adjust fire once I see opportunity either way id say we have at least a year to keep with our current system as it'll probably take them that long just to figure it out especially right now im sure it's not an overall priority.

Just got this email, indicating that the Remote ID as is, is not final. Lets cross our fingers and hope.Screenshot_20200508-175002_Email.jpg

Simple. Amazon is interested in having the skies for themselves, Google isn't.
I beg to disagree. I've done some work for them. Google would love to control as much as they can control, but lucky for us they're not too competent outside of information accumulation/SW/selling our personal information to advertisers/govt's/political action groups of their choice (80% of their business). Never underestimate, or turn your back on Google...

I beg to disagree. I've done some work for them. Google would love to control as much as they can control, but lucky for us they're not too competent outside of information accumulation/SW/selling our personal information to advertisers/govt's/political action groups of their choice (80% of their business). Never underestimate, or turn your back on Google...
You don't need to beg. You can simply disagree ?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwoody