Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Polar Pro Premium Gimbal Guard

ORANGE CRUSH

Reaction score
I purchased a Polar Pro Gimbal Guard from Amazon to protect my $350 camera in the event i come down hard on a rock or tree branch. For $15, it is a worth while investment. It snaps onto the bottom of the landing gear, is thin, light weight & works. I fly at 9600 ft. all the time with a Marco Polo & Trakimo tracking system plus this gimbal guard, so i know the weight is not a factor. I have included a link to this item. https://www.amazon.com/PolarPro-Aut...82-20&linkId=ba2f02f2fe710146f767ab5b84e2601c

Attachments

• DSC03462.JPG
    DSC03462.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • DSC03466.JPG
    DSC03466.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
Reactions: Wrsdas
I stopped using them after watching this video as it makes perfect sense to me. Especially since the beta firmware uses the Starpoint Positioning module even with GPS so I understand (the non-beta firmware only used the SPM when it lost GPS such as indoors.

LuvMyTJ, Thank you for the reply & link to the video. The Polar Pro Gimble Guard is built totally different than the 3D printed one on the video, it is thinner, better designed & snaps into place instead of using zip ties. When attached to the Autel & positioned forward under the camera as is intended, the sonar & ground camera are back several inches away from the guard thus not causing issues as described in the video. For $15 to protect my $350 camera is a worth while investment. I have no problems with height drifting as he mentioned in the video, also his Gimble Guard was located way to far back thus blocking sonar from doing it's job as intended, Orange Crush

I use one of the Polar Pro gimbal guards also. Takes about 15 seconds to snap on, fits easily in the case and has caused zero problems. I understand Autel's concerns, but I believe we're comparing apples and oranges comparing the 3D printed guard to the Polar Pro.

So he mentioned in the beginning of the video that DJI was going to void the warranty if there was a crash while using the guard. Has Autel made any statements with the use of them??

Everyone has a option on if they want to use it or not. Some say it does not effect how the drone handles, which is cool, but I am now wondering if Autel is going to back us or not.

And other thing off topic however I did not want to start a new thread, but 9600 feet holly hell, I did not know ours can fly to that high.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan