Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Performing Battery Maintenance on the Original Evo

Ansia

Reaction score
Hey guys. I wanted to share how I perform maintenance on my batteries.

If you guys have read the manual, it states you should perform maintenance (Take them down below 8% from 100% and then charge them full again) on your batteries every 20 flights or 3 months. I used to go out and let the Evo drift until it was low on battery and then fight the Evo so it wouldn't land before 10% and then waiting for it to go lower on the ground. It was time consuming and annoying.

Thanks to the multi charger @Hillel-Lemuel created, now I can discharge my batteries down to 10.14V or 3% with little effort. All I have to do is put my batteries on the charger and turn them on. Plug on the USBs anything that is USB powered and let it run. In this case I used 2 $10 fans that I modified so they draw power from USB, instead of internal battery.

This is my setup.
IMG_20200523_141425.jpg

You can turn up to 2 batteries at the same time. If you turn all 3, then 1 or 2 will turn off. I noticed that doing a battery at a time delivers the best result. It does take longer to discharge the battery (about 4 hours per battery with these 2 5W fans), but the batteries do not get hot, I can walk away worry free and leave them running and do other stuff, the wife forces me to do against my will.

Screenshot_20200523-142203.png

The importance of performing battery maintenance is to help the batteries calibrate themselves and give them longer life.

What Im trying to say I enjoy flying it up and down, near and far. And thats my way of discharging the battery

Reactions: Drgnfli
Really like the charger. Just the fact that you can change out the charging head to either charge the EVO I or the EVO II and DJI is a big plus. The forum is full of posts of people who charged up their battery packs only to have to wait days for better weather to fly. Having the option to discharge in house is a great idea. I think once this charger catches on to the masses it will be very popular.

Reactions: Opa43 and Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller