Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Noise Reduction

novaks47

Reaction score
Combing through the camera settings, I see an option for 3d Noise Reduction. What does this do exactly? Are there any instances where it would be better to have on or off?

What it is suppose to do is remove the grainy fuzzy appearances of low light images, will handle moving objects without leaving tails behind, and in low light it makes an image clearer and sharper compared to no noise reduction.
How well it works on our cameras I have not done a comparison.

Thank you! I did some further reading on 3D DNR, and it's a newer method of noise reduction. It seems to work by processing multiple frames over time, and uses that data to blend frames, to remove noise, in a far more efficient manner than previous DNR methods. It also leads to much smaller file sizes while doing so. I'll do a side by side comparison between the two one of these days.

digital noise is always an issue in digital. so its a balance between overexposing the hots or exposing for look and feel with noise. I will go with the noise and remove the noise you can also remove noise IN POST with NEAT VIDEO

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials