Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Newbie to all things drone!

Ladiver

Reaction score
Happy New Year!

I am brand new to drones and trying to learn as much as possible. I am a member of a local Sheriff's Department Search and Rescue team and have been asked to become a drone pilot. I will be taking a LEO focused drone class in March but wanted to start learning now. I have purchased an EVO 2 8K with future plans to upgrade to the 6K or FLIR camera in the future. I am waiting for CES before opening my new drone. I want to see if there will be any info on EVO 3 and determine if that is the better route to go.

Look forward to learning from this vast amount of knowledge.

Thanks,

Jeff

Welcome to the forum 👍👍
A drone is great for search and rescue in an open area otherwise very limited use.
Great idea for non accessible location as a barren rocky trrain.

I have lost a dog in the woods about a week ago and sadly she was killed by a car after a few days in the woods

A drone is great for search and rescue in an open area otherwise very limited use.
Great idea for non accessible location as a barren rocky trrain.

I have lost a dog in the woods about a week ago and sadly she was killed by a car after a few days in the woods
Hate it for you. Been there done that. ☹️

Happy New Year!

I am brand new to drones and trying to learn as much as possible. I am a member of a local Sheriff's Department Search and Rescue team and have been asked to become a drone pilot. I will be taking a LEO focused drone class in March but wanted to start learning now. I have purchased an EVO 2 8K with future plans to upgrade to the 6K or FLIR camera in the future. I am waiting for CES before opening my new drone. I want to see if there will be any info on EVO 3 and determine if that is the better route to go.

Look forward to learning from this vast amount of knowledge.

Thanks,

Jeff
Welcome to the forum. I've been thinking about upgrading my Evo II Pro v1 with the thermal cam also but man that thing is $$$!

Welcome to droning! Here is a pretty good video for beginners, plus go to YouTube & search for "Drones" to see more instructional videos.

~

Reactions: luis deco
Thanks for the post. Great intro for all the noob droners coming onboard. Wish I would have had it back in 2014 when firing up my P3 for the first time. It was a little unnerving to say the least😳

Hi Welcome here
Nice to be here. Hope we can better build ourselves by sharing each other's experiences.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SycamoreGroves