Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Evo owner here!

easyheimer

Reaction score
Hello there. I just purchased my new Autel Evo with the On-The-Go bundle from Adorama for $899. It also came with a 3 pack of PolorPro ND Filters. Not too sure if these are good or not. Would appreciate opinions.

Not new to the drone scene though as I also own a Mavic Pro and Mavic Air from DJI. I got myself into this mess by watching videos of the Autel Evo on YouTube and did a lot of research and it seems like a very good drone.

Happy to be here!

Welcome to the dark side. ? I myself own DJI and Autel birds as well. Please note that they fly a bit different, but you will enjoy your Evo. It's like driving a sports car. At least in my case, since I fly Phantoms.

If you have any questions, most likely someone else has asked it already. You can use the search function in the top right corner's magnifying glass. This way you don't have to wait for your answer, since most likely someone already has. If you can't find it, ask away.

We hope you enjoy your time in these forums.

Welcome

Reactions: easyheimer
Welcome to the dark side. ? I myself own DJI and Autel birds as well. Please note that they fly a bit different, but you will enjoy your Evo. It's like driving a sports car. At least in my case, since I fly Phantoms.

If you have any questions, most likely someone else has asked it already. You can use the search function in the top right corner's magnifying glass. This way you don't have to wait for your answer, since most likely someone already has. If you can't find it, ask away.

We hope you enjoy your time in these forums.

Welcome

Thanks for the info! Do you like your Evo or Phantom better?

Hello there. I just purchased my new Autel Evo with the On-The-Go bundle from Adorama for $899. It also came with a 3 pack of PolorPro ND Filters. Not too sure if these are good or not. Would appreciate opinions.

Not new to the drone scene though as I also own a Mavic Pro and Mavic Air from DJI. I got myself into this mess by watching videos of the Autel Evo on YouTube and did a lot of research and it seems like a very good drone.

Happy to be here!
I've got a set of 3 ea Neewer ND-PL filters with the #16, 8, & 4 filters! I definitely like the difference in the "bright sun" view with the #16 filter. This time of year the usually drab winter AZ plains isn't the prettiest. The #16 filter seems to add a bit of green to the trees & brush... IHMO...

I've got a set of 3 ea Neewer ND-PL filters with the #16, 8, & 4 filters! I definitely like the difference in the "bright sun" view with the #16 filter. This time of year the usually drab winter AZ plains isn't the prettiest. The #16 filter seems to add a bit of green to the trees & brush... IHMO...

Do you use the 16 most of the time?

Reactions: Drgnfli
Do you use the 16 most of the time?
The faster the shutter the less light to the image sensor.
The slower the shutter speed, the more light hits the sensor to create the image.
This is known as , exposure.
The ND filters that you are trying to learn offer another level of exposure, while filtering light.
Or in this case polarizing light. Just like sunglasses.
All of it has to do with exposure, given ambient light at a particular light source.

Blown images
I can show you a few of those , thats for sure.
Blown image, means , areas of the image are over exposed.
It happens a lot with " un-even light"

So lets say , you have beautiful clear bright skies and you want to capture an image with your drone.
Part of the sky will be in the photo, and the other part, and/or your subject matter will be below the brightest part of the image.
The camera/lens cannot balance this perfectly. It will either expose for the sky, leaving your subject under-exposed, or, expose your subject , leaving your sky blown out, and/or over-exposed.

It's a balancing act.
It is controlled, mainly, by three factors.
ISO, Shutter speed, and f stop/aperture.
ISO will increase your sensors sensitivity to light, which in turn will allow for a faster shutter speed, but with high ISO numbers comes image degradation, commonly referred to as noise.

In other words, if you can balance your light and wait for the right light, you don't need any filter.
Not to mention, once you learn how to process an image and since were working with digital imagery , all of this can be altered.
But it is always best to get , as close as possible to , correct exposures. It allows you more room to push an image.

If this is what you really want to do, all of this will start making sense.

Reactions: easyheimer
The faster the shutter the less light to the image sensor.
The slower the shutter speed, the more light hits the sensor to create the image.
This is known as , exposure.
The ND filters that you are trying to learn offer another level of exposure, while filtering light.
Or in this case polarizing light. Just like sunglasses.
All of it has to do with exposure, given ambient light at a particular light source.

Blown images
I can show you a few of those , thats for sure.
Blown image, means , areas of the image are over exposed.
It happens a lot with " un-even light"

So lets say , you have beautiful clear bright skies and you want to capture an image with your drone.
Part of the sky will be in the photo, and the other part, and/or your subject matter will be below the brightest part of the image.
The camera/lens cannot balance this perfectly. It will either expose for the sky, leaving your subject under-exposed, or, expose your subject , leaving your sky blown out, and/or over-exposed.

It's a balancing act.
It is controlled, mainly, by three factors.
ISO, Shutter speed, and f stop/aperture.
ISO will increase your sensors sensitivity to light, which in turn will allow for a faster shutter speed, but with high ISO numbers comes image degradation, commonly referred to as noise.

In other words, if you can balance your light and wait for the right light, you don't need any filter.
Not to mention, once you learn how to process an image and since were working with digital imagery , all of this can be altered.
But it is always best to get , as close as possible to , correct exposures. It allows you more room to push an image.

If this is what you really want to do, all of this will start making sense.

Thank you for the detailed explanation! I really appreciate it!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Kelly