Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Changes to Recreational Drone Flying in the USA ;)

HiloHawaiian

Reaction score
All you USA registered flyers got an email today from your friendly FAA. The email has some useful info and links, but the very 1st sentence has this link? What the ____ are they thinking?? It’s 462 pages written in Congressionalease. But —fear not — it has an 11-page index so you can find EXACTLY what your looking for......................or not.......:)

https://www.congress.gov/115/bills/hr302/BILLS-115hr302enr.pdf

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ansia
Is this real? I am a bit confused about it all. At the beginning it says "Begun and held at the City of Washington on Wednesday, the third day of January, two thousand and eighteen" and nowhere does it say when it ended. Then at the bottom I would assume there are supposed to be signatures. There are none.
I need to get a smaller drone under 250mg and sell mine. If this is right it's not worth it flying as a hobby with this drone anymore because you need to be a lawyer to do it now.

Is this real? I am a bit confused about it all. At the beginning it says "Begun and held at the City of Washington on Wednesday, the third day of January, two thousand and eighteen" and nowhere does it say when it ended. Then at the bottom I would assume there are supposed to be signatures. There are none.
I need to get a smaller drone under 250mg and sell mine. If this is right it's not worth it flying as a hobby with this drone anymore because you need to be a lawyer to do it now.
:) Yes, the FAA email is confusing, presenting the 2018 law as “new”. And yes, the DIVISION B—FAA REAUTHORIZATION ACT OF 2018 is right after DIVISION A—SPORTS MEDICINE LICENSURE ;). I guess if you hurt yourself flying a drone, your covered.......

Last edited:
I start reading things like that and every time I do it, my mind starts telling me I like shiny things.

• Haha
Reactions: HiloHawaiian
An Act To provide protections for certain sports medicine professionals, to reauthorize Federal aviation programs, to improve aircraft safety certification processes, and for other purposes.

And I suppose,,,,er, that the "other purposes" could be toilet paper.......
butch

Reactions: HiloHawaiian

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy