Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Need assistance plz

ebphoto

Reaction score
Hey everyone!! I was wondering if someone out there can assist me with a problem I’m having or at least I think it’s a problem. I’m in the Florida area where it’s nice and flat but have tons of tall trees and everyone has WiFi in their homes etc. I took my Evo out to fly tonight just out of the backyard. Took it up to about 320-340ft & I’m only getting about 1700 to 1800 feet distance, here’s a picture of it right before I started loosing video signal. Shouldn’t I be getting better range than this? If so what settings should I check etc? I would appreciate any assistance you can help me with. I thought these drones are supposed to get more distance?? Thank you... E

Attachments

• DC23BB75-F732-4CF1-A368-2AB4F262579D.png
    DC23BB75-F732-4CF1-A368-2AB4F262579D.png
    7.7 MB · Views: 41
Did you lose signal or just get that warning? That warning shows up when you lose 1 out of 5 bars of signal.

I first got the warning then about 2 seconds later lost signal & connection to the drone & it started its come home sequence

I see you were connected to wifi when this happened. Try this: Turn off your phone's wifi and bluetooth options and make sure the controller's antennas are facing down and fly the same route. Let me know if this helps.

Okay I’ll give it a go later today & post my results. Hopefully that’ll help though I don’t know why???

Ansia, So I did what you recommended & I didn’t really notice a difference. Maybe a tad further but not enough to write home about. I’ll have to try it again either later tonight or tomorrow since it is Very windy today & I did the flight with a low battery charge, both were making me nervous. We also have a small uncontrolled airport near us so I need to be careful flying higher than 250ft. I have a vhf radio tuned to that airport, I have my private pilots lic., but I still like to be cautious. The other problem I have is my house sits in a dead zone for my cell phone carrier, Sprint, so when WiFi is off I have no way to update the maps etc. Not sure how to download them for offline usage. If you know that might help. Here’s a screenshot of the end of the flight right before it started it return to home sequence. Let me know how you think this will help? I’m not sure I understand. Also I have the antenna pointing down towards the ground so the signal goes out to the aircraft...

Attachments

• 422056D3-C8E1-4DA1-9B55-438D48355A08.png
    422056D3-C8E1-4DA1-9B55-438D48355A08.png
    9.9 MB · Views: 12
Can you try at another location? Do you have any obstacles between your drone and controller, such as trees, building, etc?

Yeah there’s some other places to go. I’ll have to try them over the weekend or next week & let you know how it goes.

With your signal looking through lots of trees, the foliage attenuates the signal by quite a bit, especially at 2.4 GHz. Try moving a few feet left or right to hopefully gain a clearer view toward the drone and see if signal picks back up. This is the very reason why I wish Autel would have kept their initial plans to include 900 MHz radio control link on the EVO as they originally marketed. This would have provided much better penetration through foliage.

this is a 2.4 wifi signal, where you are flying the atmosphere is full of wi fi interference signals. where people get 3 miles plus are basically not city area with little wifi interference..one way of getting a better signal is to use a 2.4 wifi booster so it will penetrate all that interference..the 4 hawks SR is a good directional antenna to increase range..the next way is to go higher but it might be illegal.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg