Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

My Winter Mittens Came In Today

Not sure why but a lot of our linked pics are showing broken links of late.

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

That's so kooky...I love it; I don't care what Bama Dude says! :D

But with how terribly the xsp batteries handle the cold, I'm not sure you'd ever get off the ground if it's so cold outside that you need to wear that thing! At 64F it takes my batteries about 7 minutes to warm up enough for the app to stop screaming about how cold the battery is.

(My buddy got a set of similar "gloves" for his VStrom 1000 (motorcycle) last winter and I give him grief about them every time he uses them...but secretly I'd love to have a set because they *rock* for winter riding!)

LOL
Last winter I was flying in minus 20 degree F. Had my batteries warming on the defroster so there was no wait time. :)

Wow! I would have thought the batteries would have cooled off as soon as they got up in the air.

Mine would scream about 64F, so I would hover around 10Ft until they warmed up. Then I would go up to 100' and the app would start screaming again, and I'd hover there for another few minutes, and finally I could fly.

Doesn't look like you have that problem!

Arrrrrrg! Real men don't need no stinkin' mittens! Real men fly in underwear till frostbite sets in and body parts have to be amputated! Arrrrrg!

LOL
Last winter I was flying in minus 20 degree F. Had my batteries warming on the defroster so there was no wait time. :)

OK, I didn't see that water moving so I guess it was frozen, and I saw some dark objects in it that also were not moving. Please don't tell me that was frozen ducks.

LOL frozen ducks, no they are boat tie downs that are anchored to the bottom of the lake. Guess its to much trouble to remove them for the winter.

We rarely see that white stuff down here, and then it may be an inch or two deep and melts within a day or two. I can probably count on one hand the times I've seen it in my lifetime, but I do love to see it when it does happen.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adunsky