Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

My 'Voiceovers' feature does not work

Dieter

Reaction score
My Evo Lite+
Aircraft firmware version V1.8.3
App firmware version V1.4.54

'Voiceovers' feature.
This feature can be turned on by going:
'SAFETY'
scroll all the way down to the bottom
'ADVANCED SETTINGS'
last item.

This feature allows you to talk while flying, thereby annotating the resulting video.
For instance: "We are now approaching the hairpin turn where the collision occured"

When i got the drone, I immedietly emailed Autel Support about this failure.
Their responses averaged 5 days and after 2 escalating it up the ladder to engineering, their responses stopped.
So I never got an answer.

Does anyone here have this feature working?
Have you tried it?
If not, will you try it?
If yours works, could you please publish versions as I have above?

Any information is gratefully appreciated.

Last edited:
My Evo Lite+

'Voiceovers' feature.
'SAFETY'
'ADVANCED SETTINGS'
last item.

This feature allows you to talk while flying, thereby annotating the resulting video.
For instance: "We are now approaching the hairpin turn where the collision occured"

Their responses averaged 5 days and after 2 escalating it up the ladder to engineering, their responses stopped.

Have you tried it? If not, will you try it?

I'm not 100% certain about this, but I do not believe the "Voice" interaction on EVO II's has anything to do with recording audio. I believe that "Voice" functionality is only for issuing verbal commands to the drone and also used to inform the pilot of actions as they are taken or incountered. I originally thought the same thing, that you could narrate a flight but I do not believe this capability exists.

Reactions: AirStag
I'm not 100% certain about this, but I do not believe the "Voice" interaction on EVO II's has anything to do with recording audio. I believe that "Voice" functionality is only for issuing verbal commands to the drone and also used to inform the pilot of actions as they are taken or incountered. I originally thought the same thing, that you could narrate a flight but I do not believe this capability exists.

On Evo Lite + this is listed as "Voiceovers" and that is how the button is named on the app.
I got the function explanation on someones YouTube video. I just don't remember which video it was.
The "Voiceovers" function is not listed in Autel's EvoLite + user manual.
Is the "Voice" function you describe explained in any Autel document?

Because this 'Voiceovers' button is not 'front and center' but sort of obscure, it appears easily overlooked and I suspect may not have been found by many, I would love to hear from anyone wether they have tried it.

Anxciously waiting for comments.

Last edited:
My Evo Lite+

'Voiceovers' feature.
'SAFETY'
'ADVANCED SETTINGS'
last item.

So I never got an answer.

Have you tried it?
If not, will you try it?

The information you obtained from Youtube is not accurate. This feature is to turn off sound notifications. Users can now toggle voice notifications on and off for general alerts and obstacle avoidance alerts. From the Settings menu, navigate to Safety, then Advanced Settings. Scroll down to Voice Overs, and toggle the switch on or off. This is recommended only for experienced pilots who are familiar with their drone and its systems. [Source]

No one ever clarified that while "voiceovers" are just that: The voice saying "Start Recording" Stop Recording" and the ever poopular "take off later" - Hey lady... YOU take off later.

The feature that the op was asking about is in Camera Settings: "Enable audio recording during video shooting" - surprisingly clear for our good translators at Autel. The problem rises when using it. It records during regular video recording, during Quickshots, and the ever weird "Portrait" mode whether "Near", Medium or "Far Out Man!" is selected. It does NOT record during the horrendously shaky Hyperlapse Manual mode, but DOES - at least DID for several Orbit Hyperlapse captures. Note that this audio is attached to a 720p video file saved to your phone, is not synced to the SD Card and needs to be paired in post, making the entire effort mostly useless, except for training or demonstration purposes.

Reactions: ADOC
No one ever clarified that while "voiceovers" are just that: The voice saying "Start Recording" Stop Recording" and the ever poopular "take off later" - Hey lady... YOU take off later.

The feature that the op was asking about is in Camera Settings: "Enable audio recording during video shooting" - surprisingly clear for our good translators at Autel. The problem rises when using it. It records during regular video recording, during Quickshots, and the ever weird "Portrait" mode whether "Near", Medium or "Far Out Man!" is selected. It does NOT record during the horrendously shaky Hyperlapse Manual mode, but DOES - at least DID for several Orbit Hyperlapse captures. Note that this audio is attached to a 720p video file saved to your phone, is not synced to the SD Card and needs to be paired in post, making the entire effort mostly useless, except for training or demonstration purposes.
Thank you for clarifying. I agree; totally useless.
A real and well working 'Voiceover' would be extremely useful though. Too bad they did not supply that. Maybe in a ++ version?

Reactions: ADOC

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo