Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

My new EVO2

Hillel-Lemuel

Reaction score
I got my EVO2 on this Friday. It is from my friend in China, it seems the charging voltage of EVO II is just a bit different from that of it's precedent, legs span is a bit bigger, prop's profile is wider in eclipse shape, motor is bigger, all sides equiped with collision avoidance sensors.

The pin assignment of battery is exactly the same of EVO, we just need to adjust the voltage output and height of our current charging module, then our new charging module for EVO II will be on the market soon.

Thanks for Autel team to standardise the design and let EVO II can be downward compatible as much as possible.

updated on 21st Mar, 2020
The rating of the EVO2 charger is higher than that of EVO by 0.15V and 1.2A.

simple power-on and hover test inside a small ware house.

findings
1. Gimbal cover was very difficult to be put back the first time, it was a tight fit with the camera. I needed to put the bird on a flat surface, used 2 fingers to hold the camera horizontally, slided in gimbal cover and aligned the camera's flat surfaces on top and bottom to the inner surfaces of the cover, then pushed the cover toward the camera.
After a few trials, practice to be perfect

2. Didn't know why, the bird can't fly the first time and return a message "gimbal not ready", restart again the second power on, the same, it scared me?, finally, the third trial, it was ok ;).

3. The side OA could not recognise white or pale surface, the upper OA had a narrow angle detection, so don't only depend on the OA

4. Camera 8K mode, only could select 24fps or 25fps, no HDR was allowed

pending for next weekend update.

Last edited:
do you think your Charging station will be able to charge the new Evo 2 batteries, simply by exchanging the upper hub? Or will one require a completely new station?

Reactions: Hillel-Lemuel
do you think your Charging station will be able to charge the new Evo 2 batteries, simply by exchanging the upper hub? Or will one require a completely new station?
We are developing a charging hub for EVO2, the market price will be usd20.9, no need to buy a complete station, if you already have got a power station from us.

BTW, more different kind of charging hubs are coming.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58