Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

My evo after service from autel

I had my EVO controller in for service recently. The pins holding the antenna's to the swivel studs fell out. Actually 3 out of 4 pins. Autel got my package on Tuesday 3pm their time. The next morning they replaced my pins and had the controller shipped out that afternoon second day air with UPS. Arrived Friday morning here in FL. No charge of course. They paid shipping both ways. Wow. What's not to like about that service? Have to love the Orange thang.

I had an antenna flop over and saw the antenna pin sticking out of one side. Lucky it had not fallen out yet.
Autel should just mail those out upon request vs having you send in the controller, they are easy to pop in.
And that is why they easily fall out too!

Evo is my first serious drone and having a ball with it!

I asked Autel about the pins and they said they did not stock nor sell them. Only the repair facility had them. Did seem like boarding a 747 just to cross the street when sending in the controller for something so minor.

Good thing to keep an eye on. My controller did it and a second also has them backing out. I''m thinking of ways how to prevent this.

Just because the horizon tilt is better, that doesn't mean it's fixed. Look at the last frame of the video. The tilt is still there and visible when yawing. I don't understand why this is still a problem. I wish Autel would fix this once and for all. This is suppose to be a video platform. Why the left props are in the shot bugs the crap out of me. They should have just lowered and centered the gimbal on the body. Just bugged since I really want to buy one but can't due to these problems. Could someone post a video of using the .5 firmware using Orbit and yaw footage.

Just because the horizon tilt is better, that doesn't mean it's fixed. Look at the last frame of the video. The tilt is still there and visible when yawing. I don't understand why this is still a problem. I wish Autel would fix this once and for all. This is suppose to be a video platform. Why the left props are in the shot bugs the crap out of me. They should have just lowered and centered the gimbal on the body. Just bugged since I really want to buy one but can't due to these problems. Could someone post a video of using the .5 firmware using Orbit and yaw footage.
Almost all drones, including the Mavic, have this problem to some extent.

I have a newer edition of the EVO. The camera on it is pointed to the right a tad. No props in view ever. Understand this update may be included in the next FW.

Good thing to keep an eye on. My controller did it and a second also has them backing out. I''m thinking of ways how to prevent this.
Wayne, just be careful not to post any information about your "prevention". I know first hand if you make any adjustment or correction to those pins Autel will void your warranty. I had to send mine in because of it... and within 3 flights after it was returned... the pins started falling out again. At this point they have no real fix for the problem and won't even discuss sending new pins out to the end users. We as users still under warranty just need to do our own thing to remedy the problem quietly. It's quite an easy fix if one is creative. I advised Autel of my fix and how simple it was and was told I would lose my warranty if I implemented it. So I will say no more on this public forum... wink wink.

Wayne, just be careful not to post any information about your "prevention". I know first hand if you make any adjustment or correction to those pins Autel will void your warranty. I had to send mine in because of it... and within 3 flights after it was returned... the pins started falling out again. At this point they have no real fix for the problem and won't even discuss sending new pins out to the end users. We as users still under warranty just need to do our own thing to remedy the problem quietly. It's quite an easy fix if one is creative. I advised Autel of my fix and how simple it was and was told I would lose my warranty if I implemented it. So I will say no more on this public forum... wink wink.
The only thing i have done is use a micro clamp and push them back in. Keeping a eye on them .

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials