Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

More On Genesee County Court Case

Wow.... could be a big deal! Consistent rules are necessary if you want folks to abide by them. Something tells me this will not apply to the People’s Republic California, but I’m outta there ;)

The FAA's objective when it comes to airspace is to protect the public. That includes people in the air and on the ground. Regulations already prevent drones flying over people which means that city parks and rec areas where people gather may be off limits 100% of the time or perhaps only a small amount of time depending on the number of users and time of day or season. So that leaves it to the discretion of the pilot to determine if flying will break the public safety rule or not. That's pretty much cut and dried to me.

I think many of these issues brought to city councils and county or borough meetings stem from paranoia based on a peeping tom fear and invasion of privacy. And that pot is so often stirred by the hobby/recreational drone pilot when they disrespect or annoy others. Its a point well taken, even from my own concerns, but the day is coming when commercial drones flying around will be an everyday occurrence for a large number of the population.

What drone pilots need to do is head 'em off at the pass. Go to your City Council or County Supervisors meetings and explain to them the FAA rules and regulations as they apply to safe flying by hobby pilots as well as commercial rated 107 pilots. I believe all too often these ordinances passed by Do-gooder government bodies are a result of uninformed knee jerk reactions based on emotions and not facts and logic. Of course that is what the courts are there for....to sort it all out.

For those following the drone case in genesee county Michigan, they were granted a small victory today:

“Genesee County is enjoined from enforcing any ordinance involving the operation and/or the use of drones in The Mounds Off Road Vehicle Area....Thursday November 28, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m....”

76930483_10158006075162268_3775580285328949248_o.jpg

There is a big event at this location during this time that drone operators wanted to participate in. The Honorable Judge was kind enough to issue this order, even though the court has yet to make a final determination on the case.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
It’s a start! Without a central authority governing drone flying, it’ll be city/county/township/state madness, as we have in California and other areas...

For those following the drone case in genesee county Michigan, they were granted a small victory today:

“Genesee County is enjoined from enforcing any ordinance involving the operation and/or the use of drones in The Mounds Off Road Vehicle Area....Thursday November 28, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m....”

View attachment 5670

There is a big event at this location during this time that drone operators wanted to participate in. The Honorable Judge was kind enough to issue this order, even though the court has yet to make a final determination on the case.

How they scribble their name says enough.

Lucky Genesees. In Oz at present, local councils in Oz can expand on the federal rules if they have the mind to.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials