Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Low and Critically Low Battery Indicator: best settings

AndrewS

Reaction score
Hi all,

The Evo allows you to adjust the default low and critically low battery percentage thresholds. Have you changed those settings and if so, what is your rationale? Thanks

I reset my low battery percentage to 30%... if I am close to done, or have a second battery to use... landing at about 30% will result in your battery being pretty close to storage levels, after the voltage bounceback under no load. This can help extend the life of your batteries. And of course you can easily cancel that warning and carry on.

I changed my critical to 10% and low to 20%. The default settings left too much time on the clock in my opinion. Once it hits critical you are fighting with the drone to keep from triggering RTH. Since I believe in keeping my kit minimalistic I only have 4 flight batteries which means many times I have to fly for multiple jobs on a single battery and for events I need every second that I can get out of the batteries....taking off at 40% is not uncommon for me; definitely not ideal but better than taking a bigger depreciation hit when I sell everything later.

The EVO II also has another warning and another RTH trigger when it decides you are too far away to make it back to the home point with the current battery levels. This is another welcome reminder but nowhere near as accurate as the DJI version.

Reactions: Steve Zuke
I just changed my battery Critical to 10% and Low to 20% and usually do not fly too far from me but the Battery Warning came-on as Damaged, change battery on a newer battery !

The key thing is you won't want to experience hitting the critically-low percentage and triggering the return-to-home feature while flying under a canopy of trees or a bridge (or ignoring it to automatically land over a body of water)

Greetings Brock Inspector, it good to hear that but what are are your preferred settings to counter that ?

The key thing is you won't want to experience hitting the critically-low percentage and triggering the return-to-home feature while flying under a canopy of trees or a bridge (or ignoring it to automatically land over a body of water)

Auto-land is designed to engage over a body of water... 20 feet from shore. 😢

Reactions: herein2021
Auto-land is designed to engage over a body of water... 20 feet from shore. 😢

I agree 100%......that literally happened to me, 20' from shore and 30' below the tree line that it needed to fly over to land on the other side. Fortunately pressing and holding the pause button while doing everything possible to get it to fly higher averted that disaster. The very next battery I changed the settings to 20% and 10%.

Only mishap I've had, some months back, resulted from conducting a manual flight, walking behind the Evo II while flying through a lane witha a canopy of trees overhead, then attempting to land in another spot besides the takeoff point. Got a warning about the RTH feature (before I'd lowered the critical battery threshold), thinking I'd paused or exited RTH then fighting control to get the drone down on the ground, or landing where I wanted it (actually had it on the ground but it took back off on its own!) Low altitude beeline RTH into a planter of irises before traveling but a few feet, thankfully. Lesson learned was you only ignore RTH threshhold at your or your drone's peril, and to hold the pause button longer once RTH is initiated to exit, not just a stab

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy