Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Job openings at Autel

C

Colorado_scott

I am learning a lot these days about drones and companies that produce drones. Filtering through all the comments makes ones head spin. As usual, a wide variety of comments. Many seem concerned about Autel support and products. I wrote Autel an email on their web page, and we'll see how long it takes for me to get a response - sort of testing if they 'care' about my comments and potential customers.

I looked at the Career page on the Autel web.. here's what I found. Many tell me DJI has 10x the engineers as Autel - and I perhaps believe something close to this. It's clear from the below that Autel is looking for some good talent, but it begs the question; why aren't these people in place now - who's doing the work of these open positions now? You draw your own conclusions, but I hope they will these positions soon to stabilize their products.

Radar Signal Processing Engineer

(Location: Munich Germany or Shenzhen China)

Responsibilities

Make simulated analysis of radar signal processing algorithm based on Matlab.
  1. Make data analysis and develop algorithm based on radar test data.
  2. Optimize algorithm for radar projects under research based on their backgrounds.
Qualifications

1. Master or PhD degree in radar signal processing, and relevant work experience is highly perferred.
  2. Solid understanding of millimeter-wave radar principles, digital signal processing theories, FMCW, FSK or pulse Doppler radar system, field experience in radar system signal processing algorithm simulation.
  3. Good knowledge of MIMO and SAR image formation.
  4. Proficiency in radar signal processing algorithm or data processing algorithm simulation by Matlab software.
  5. Good understanding of signal medium frequency filter transformation, CFAR test, MTI, moving target track, signal sorting, identification, solution phase velocity, radar test; angle and other radar signal processing algorithm, relevant work experience is a plus.
  6. Earnest, responsible, strong anti-pressure performance and good team player.

Computer Vision Engineer

(Location: Munich Germany, Pittsburgh USA, or Shenzhen China)

Responsibilities

1. Design and implement algorithm of SFM for 3D reconstruction, calculate camera poses and sparse point clouds.
  2. Design and implement algorithm to reconstruct dense point clouds from camera poses and sparse point clouds.
Basic Qualifications

1. Master or PhD degree in CS, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Statistics, or in a highly quantitative field.
  2. Experience developing computer vision algorithms and/or software in C++ or Python for commercial or industrial applications.
Preferred Qualifications

1. Experience with 3D reconstruction, SFM, SLAM, Augmented Reality based algorithms, Visual Odometry, 3D scanning, Imaging Systems, Sensor Fusion or related areas.
  2. Research publications at relevant conferences such as SIGGRAPH, CVPR, ICCV, ICCP, SPIE, JOSA is a major plus.

Visual Positioning and Navigation Algorithm Engineer

(Location: Munich Germany, Pittsburgh USA, or Shenzhen China)

Responsibilities

1. R&D on UAV visual positioning and multi-sensor fusion positioning technology, realize navigation positioning without GPS or magnetic compass.
  2. Algorithm development and test.
  3. Apply algorithm into products.
Qualifications

1. Master degree or above in Computer Science, Robotics, Automation or equivalent, PhD degree is highly preferred.
  2. Visual navigation knowledge in state estimation/image feature detection and match/visual odometry optimization.
  3. Expert in C/C++/Python.
  4. Rich knowledge in computer vision, image processing theory and familiar with OpenCV.
  5. Rich knowledge in inertial information and GPS for combined navigation, experiences are highly preferred.
Preferred Skills and Experiences

1. 2+ years working experience or with academic research background in industrial visual positioning, and participation in team development with 5-20 people.
  2. Expert in ROS.
  3. With academic dissertation or thesis published in related area.
  4. Understanding major visual odometry and coupled visual-inertial odometry methods.

Flight Control Algorithm Engineer

(Location: Munich Germany or Shenzhen China)

Responsibilities

1. Develop high-precision aircraft mathematical model.
  2. Design flight control algorithm for mini unmanned aerial vehicle.
  3. Test, debug and verify algorithm in simulation and actual fligh.
  4. Keep track of new technological advances in academia and industry.
  5. Write development document.
Specifications

1. Master or PhD degree in Automation, Robotics, Aviation, Computer or equivalent.
  2. In-depth knowledge of Feedback Control System (Classical Control, Robust, Self-adaptive Control, Fault-tolerant Control, etc), State Estimation, System Identification, Flight Dynamics and other relevant theoretical knowledge.
  3. Have strong passion in unmanned aircraft system development and application.
  4. Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks on time.
Preferred Skills and Experiences

Autel has been staffing up for a while now; I believe these are new positions in anticipation of expanded research, development and customer support, not necessarily "replacement" positions. The facility in Pittsburgh is brand new, not sure if it is up and running yet. They also have a number of positions listed on ziprecruiter.com.

Last edited:
To me, it implies 'good news'; that Autel needs and wants the talent that it takes to be innovative and competitive. I would imagine that getting people with these talents is very challenging and difficult - for any company.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy