Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I had a visitor today, he didn’t stay long....

HiloHawaiian

Reaction score
Unlike Agustine’s cute birds and squirrels, I had a not-so-cute visitor on my patio yesterday.... I sensed something moving out of the corner of my eye, then froze. Messing with my XSP on the small table in the picture, I was motionless at the time. He passed 3’ from my foot like I wasn’t there. A holy *hit moment if there ever was one... The area around Carefree AZ is notorious for rattlesnakes. So much open desert, so many field mice, few houses. Later, I called a snake expert who said I could snake-proof my yard easily with a 1/4” galvanized mesh dug into the ground 6”, then going-up 30” on my metal pool fence. Cheap, almost invisible, no snake can get over it. He’ll help me, we start digging Monday... ;)27526407-029E-40BD-8F60-631B5C8300CC.jpeg

Reactions: dirkclod
Unlike Agustine’s cute birds and squirrels, I had a not-so-cute visitor on my patio yesterday.... I sensed something moving out of the corner of my eye, then froze. Messing with my XSP on the small table in the picture, I was motionless at the time. He passed 3’ from my foot like I wasn’t there. A holy *hit moment if there ever was one... The area around Carefree AZ is notorious for rattlesnakes. So much open desert, so many field mice, few houses. Later, I called a snake expert who said I could snake-proof my yard easily with a 1/4” galvanized mesh dug into the ground 6”, then going-up 30” on my metal pool fence. Cheap, almost invisible, no snake can get over it. He’ll help me, we start digging Monday... ;)View attachment 2913
Holy *hit to say the least :eek:

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Like I said one eye on the drone one eye on the ground. At least you stood still I on the other hand would would have been on the roof.

Like I said one eye on the drone one eye on the ground. At least you stood still I on the other hand would would have been on the roof.
LOL, I’ve worked on military bases, and they train you well to deal with wildlife, it’s a big problem. I’ve come close to snakes, bobcats, coyotes, gators, even a puma at White Sands. It’s the gators that scare me... Places like Cape Canaveral & Vandeberg AFB, are huge 50 sq mi wildlife perseveres with a rocket pad every 3-4 miles. Since the public can’t go there, critter population explodes...

I've had to kill two this year. We've got a lot of animals on the property so we kill them if they show up. I've called authorities before hand to make sure it's ok and they said it's no problem if we shoot them. I've eaten rattle snake before but not here. Might try it next year if any show up again.
I've eaten eel all through my childhood and love it. We would spear them through the ice ourselves.

Ran over what I thought was a stick in SW Texas several years back on a Turkey hunting trip with a 4 wheeler and he bit my snake boot . Busted his mouth .P1130011.jpg
Tasted like chicken .:p

Snake boot? Any recommendations? I’m such a mindless wanderer, I better get some...
They dirty here as been in garage but after wearing chaps and several types the only way to go is Lacross and be sure and get the zip ups. Are a pain in you do not. Waterproof also .
IMG_2033.jpeg

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlesBird