Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Home GPS Confusion?

CanUsaDroneFlyer

Reaction score
Something new happened today. I was flying my Evo 2 Pro in an open area, essentially the mouth of a canyon. Launching it the first time, everything worked normally. But when I swapped the battery and launched it a second time, when the low battery warning appeared, I pushed the Home button, like I normally do. However this time it started landing about 150 metres away from me.

How/why does the GPS home location coordinates get messed up like this?

too many drones to remember exactly but usually there is a verbal announcement from the controller "the home point has been activated" or the "home point is registered." sometimes it takes a minute or two before this happens....for various reasons. when you take off, it is always a good idea to stand in one place long enough for the drone to remember where it took off from. for the life of me, I don't know why some people lift off and fly away horizontally from 3 feet off the ground at top speed in 2 seconds unless they are showing off, makes no sense to me. personally I would program the drone so it couldn't move away within 90 seconds unless the home point was locked in and in the advance menu settings, you could override this.

Reactions: Wilkz
too many drones to remember exactly but usually there is a verbal announcement from the controller "the home point has been activated" or the "home point is registered." sometimes it takes a minute or two before this happens....for various reasons. when you take off, it is always a good idea to stand in one place long enough for the drone to remember where it took off from. for the life of me, I don't know why some people lift off and fly away horizontally from 3 feet off the ground at top speed in 2 seconds unless they are showing off, makes no sense to me. personally I would program the drone so it couldn't move away within 90 seconds unless the home point was locked in and in the advance menu settings, you could override this.
Interesting. Thank you.

“when the low battery warning appeared, I pushed the Home button, like I normally do. However this time it started landing about 150 metres away from me.

How/why does the GPS home location coordinates get messed up like this?”

•If the Go Home function is activated within a 10-meter (30-feet) radius of the home point, the aircraft will automatically descend and land.

•If the aircraft is within 50 horizontal meters (150 feet) from the home point when your aircraft battery level reaches 25% (Low Battery Warning), the aircraft will not perform the Go Home procedure.

Hope this helps! Adios!

Something new happened today. I was flying my Evo 2 Pro in an open area, essentially the mouth of a canyon. Launching it the first time, everything worked normally. But when I swapped the battery and launched it a second time, when the low battery warning appeared, I pushed the Home button, like I normally do. However this time it started landing about 150 metres away from me.

How/why does the GPS home location coordinates get messed up like this?
Did you link the replacement battery to the remote? Every battery must be linked to the remote. You are fortunate to have your drone land where it did if you failed to link (connect) the replacement battery.

Did you link the replacement battery to the remote? Every battery must be linked to the remote. You are fortunate to have your drone land where it did if you failed to link (connect) the replacement battery.
I'm confused. What do you mean "link the replacement battery to the remote"? I bought the device with 4 batteries. Never before have I read that I need to link each battery to the remote. Could you provide a URL explaining this?

Out of respect for you, I checked with Autel Technical Support. They responded that your assertion has no validity. In other words, one does not need to "link the replacement battery to the remote".

Out of respect for you, I checked with Autel Technical Support. They responded that your assertion has no validity. In other words, one does not need to "link the replacement battery to the remote".
Thanks for correcting my misunderstanding. I was under the wrong impression.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d