Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hello from Lake Elsinore, CA.

James L.

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought my first ever drone in January 2017, an X-Star Premium. I love it! So here is what brought me to this forum today.

Yesterday, With 36% battery remaining, 7 min flight time, and .54 miles out, the drone suddenly went to 8% battery, 1 min flight time, announced critical battery and headed home. I was losing it because I thought it was going to land right then and there. At 830 ft away from home, battery and flight time remaining went to N/A. Amazingly and I don't understand how it made it home on autopilot which took almost an additional 3 minutes. ( during those 3 minutes I was panicking and I have the flight recorder evidence of my frantic flight stick manipulations) I recharged the battery after it shrunk some and cooled off; it reads 86% remaining after only 30 charges. My second Battery reads 100% but is a little swollen too. Both batteries actually have scrape marks on their casings which is from the swelling so not going to use either it until I hear back from Autel, called them this AM and no response yet. Hoping for two warrantied batteries.

However, Best Buy was having a sale today on those batteries for $79 apiece, in store pick up only. Used a gift card and $5 coupon and got a brand-new battery for $59.

Sorry for the long welcome post. Glad to be here.

James.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the AutelXPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Autel quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Reactions: James L.
Hi James and welcome!! I'm sure Autel will take care of you and sorry to hear about the moments of panic. I know I would have been too!!!
I almost moved to lake Elsinore this spring but decided not to because of the hustle and bustle of the area.

Welcome to the forum James. Being new to this I would have lost my mind if it happened to me. Your right I noticed Best Buy seems to have the batteries in stock again, so I see myself picking up 1 or 2 more.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials