Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hawaii footage

Hi guys! See my recent video from Hawaii! I've been using XSP for this video.
Nicely done! The fireworks were a fitting finale - I assume down near Waikiki waterfront? Thanks for the stroll down Memory Lane. I took all my dive instruction in Hanauma Bay back in 1974. I saw my first six foot long oceanic tarpon looking up to the surface from 120 feet on the bottom of the bay thanks to the keen eye of my instructor Kim Beasley. Up to that time I didn't even know an oceanic solitary tarpon existed. My night dive I was observing lobsters as long as from your elbow to the tip of your fingers AND as big around as your forearm (like the one on the wall in that little restaurant in Kaimuki) - all protected even back in that day. Glad to see the Park looks the same 45 years later although the coral seems to have grown a bit taller....unless it was low tide! :D

How about Part II? A time-lapse view of a couple Toilet Bowl cycles with a crowd in place, a couple of orbits around the Blow Hole would be nice and don't forget some of those monster waves out on the North Shore. Just to name a few suggestions. ;)

Last edited:
Vraiment un très belle vidéo Bravo .. J'ai pris énormément de plaisir a la regarder . la musique colle bien a vos images , mélanger la musique classique et les buildings modernes est un très bon choix ..Et puis le final est de toute beauté !!! Bravo et Thank you so Much !

Reactions: Merdochina
Nicely done! The fireworks were a fitting finale - I assume down near Waikiki waterfront? Thanks for the stroll down Memory Lane. I took all my dive instruction in Hanama Bay back in 1974. I saw my first six foot long oceanic tarpon looking up to the surface from 120 feet on the bottom of the bay thanks to the keen eye of my instructor Kim Beasley. Up to that time I didn't even know an oceanic solitary tarpon existed. My night dive I was observing lobsters as long as from your elbow to the tip of your fingers AND as big around as your forearm (like the one on the wall in that little restaurant in Kaimuki) - all protected even back in that day. Glad to see the Park looks the same 45 years later although the coral seems to have grown a bit taller....unless it was low tide! :D

How about Part II? A time-lapse view of a couple Toilet Bowl cycles with a crowd in place, a couple of orbits around the Blow Hole would be nice and don't forget some of those monster waves out on the North Shore. Just to name a few suggestions. ;)
Thanks for your comment! I'm happy that you've enjoyed the video and got some great memories! I wish I could make part II, unfortunately I I had so les time for filming and flying)) my wife wanted to enjoy rather sand then flying ?
Yeah, that was fireworks in front of Hilton hotel right on Waikiki. Thanks for watching! Have a nice day!

Reactions: Trox
Wow, that was a nice trip down memory lane. Very well done, nice flying in crowded areas, great editing...

I was born on Oahu, we lived near Koko Head, so many of those areas were my playground. Hanauma Bay & Toilet Bowl were walking distance from home. Sandy Beach, Waimanolo Bay, Bellows, etc., etc... Makapu’u Point (small lighthouse) was where my uncle was stationed in WWII. Waikiki is what it is, but you couldn’t pick a better place to stumble around after a few Mai Tai‘s at the Royal Hawaiian Beach Bar! Thanks!

Last edited:
Wow, that was a nice trip down memory lane. Very well done, nice flying in crowded areas, great editing...

I was born on Oahu, we lived near Koko Head, so many of those areas were my playground. Hanauma Bay & Toilet Bowl were walking distance from home. Sandy Beach, Waimanolo Bay, Bellows, etc., etc... Makapu’u Point (small lighthouse) was where my uncle was stationed in WWII. Waikiki is what it is, but you couldn’t pick a better place to stumble around after a few Mai Tai‘s at the Royal Hawaiian Beach Bar! Thanks!
I'm really happy, that you've enjoyed the video!) Fun fact - flying over Makapu’u Point could cause the last time I'd seen my drone)) there was such a powerful wind, that made me even hard to stay! But I got a great footage from there!
Thanks for watching!)

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I'm really happy, that you've enjoyed the video!) Fun fact - flying over Makapu’u Point could cause the last time I'd seen my drone)) there was such a powerful wind, that made me even hard to stay! But I got a great footage from there!
Thanks for watching!)
Yea, it’s a very windy spot for sure. The channel between Oahu & Molokai is treacherous. An undersea canyon, the current is incredible. You can climb down to some tide pools on the cliffs big enough to swim in below the lighthouse, but It’s dangerous if the sea is rough, waves crash-up to the pools and take you away to Japan! Glad you had a good time!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller