Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Greetings from Maine!

Birddog0

Reaction score
New to the “not quite a toy” quad scene!

Retired AF IP (KC135; MQ9; MQ1)
Commercially rated

Settled on the EVO 3 days ago and have been having a blast since! I really should be knocking out the honey-do lists around the property, but have been sucked into the intakes of the “new toy”.

This forum has provided gibs of information and (a-hem)...entertainment.

Live on a ridge line, completely surrounded by trees and hills, and so far (knock on wood) no issues. What an amazing little product!! It’s weird to see several features that have appeared to have been borrowed from the big boy platforms.

Happy flying!...errr...droning.

Attachments

• F148015B-81AD-4801-B6BF-C6AE8341B1AC.jpeg
    F148015B-81AD-4801-B6BF-C6AE8341B1AC.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 12
Welcome to the forums!!

Can you share your experiences flying the big boys drones (MQ series). I would love to fly one of those at least once in my life.

Hmmm. How do I do this without going to federal pound-me-in-@$$ prison...

Moving maps and GPS positioning in real-time (or at least near real-time); RTH function in the event of emergencies; GREAT friggin camera; OP missions (both manually planned and pre-programmed)

Size is a little different, and flying LOS means something all together different lol. Of course, global reach of any aircraft via satellite has it advantages (and disadvantages)

Flying the beasts via computer/SAT is OK though the system has ridiculous amounts of egocentric life protecting nannies. Flying manually in a more traditional RC acft mode (usually for TO/Land), is a frigging blast.

LOTS of hours in the seat. You see **** you’d never thought you’d see. You see **** one would typically reserve for the annals of the dark-web.

I think that about covers it for the stuff I can say.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller