Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Gimble horizon all over the place

AzDrone

Reaction score
I have calibrated, etc. But sometimes it will be level then the next photo of the something will be crooked, I dont get it.

I believe more work needs to be done from Autel's end on this problem. Your issue is not isolated and simply a case of one bad apple in the bunch. I've heard numerous concerns expressed over the gimbal in one form or another on this forum, and you can include me in that group. Despite all my attempts at calibrating, on average I typically start off a flight with a gimbal roll adjustment somewhere between 1.8 and 3 degrees. But even then, when flying sideways, that will typically cause the horizon to tilt and even spinning the aircraft will cause tilt issues. Under those circumstances when brought back to a hover it typically recovers, but slowly.

I fix all of it in my post production, but it doesn't help those people who rightfully want to take their video straight out of the drone and enjoy it.

My birds gimbal(or maybe it’s the aircraft itself) will wiggle from left to right ever so slightly when videoing during a mission.

Yes i'm getting this as well.

Its almost as if the roll does not correct fast enough because if I hover it will correct itself but it will take like 20 seconds for it to settle in.

Reactions: tvwxman
I had a problem with a severely tilted horizon for a few minutes this past Saturday; but the place I was shooting was haunted, so I figure it was the ghosts messing around.

Never happened before nor since, by the way.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials