Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Geocaching and drone

Peter Goldwing

Reaction score
I do quite a bit of geocaching around the forest and swamps of florida. At times it is very difficult or almost impossible to get to an area.
I wonder if there is a way to fly my Evo to the GPS coordinates so I have an idea what to expect

Peter..I don't know exactly what you are asking, but can't you just do a mission?

What he probably means is there a option to fly to a waypoint or POI by touching the map without using the mission planner. Some platforms have this option although using mission planner will give you the same output as long as its in the range the mission planner allows.

The Parrot Anafi has whats called touch & fly. Works very well, I use it for POI locations.
Screenshot_20201115-102504.png

What I would like is to input the coordinates of the geocaches in the Evo and fly it in there as a mission. It is usually less than a mile away from launch site.
then I can circle the area for a better idea what Ill be getting in to. From the air all bushes look alike so I cannot point on the map

You want to use a waypoint mission.

Create a waypoint mission, click create project and fill in initial parameters and click OK. Tap anywhere in the next screen to add a waypoint. Tap the new waypoint and scroll all the way to the right on the bottom bar to get to the Lat/Long option. Tap that and put in the coordinates of the cache and then close. The waypoint should jump to about where the cache is. Verify that it's in the general spot because you don't want to send your drone to Tahiti by mistake! Launch the mission and your drone should fly to the cache location. I'd recommend setting Hover as the Finish Action in the initial parameters box so you can then take over manual flight of the drone to scope out the general vicinity to check out a good foot path to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter Goldwing

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert