Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

FPV DJI

Paul, you may find more Avata Goggle 2 users on the other forum eh? I've started reading but not yet joined there. I canceled my order 2x due to my hesitation with the geo-fencing, but it's still tempting me in the cart. :)

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Very nice, excellent flying in beautiful terrain with using motion controller.

In time, I'll probably order the Avata with motion controller setup only and if possible get the standard controller. Was hesatating because of the montion controller, now Im seeing (from other users) the montion controller as a great way of flying.

Whats stopping me are two reasons, both due to eye vision. If anyone can chime in, appreciate your input especially from FPV users.

First, Only have vision in one eye. Can I still get full view of screen using FPV googles? It's the left eye I can't see from, that was due to an accidental many years ago due to optical nerve damage. I'm thinking due to my limited vision condition, If possible connect an analog screen (Triplet 8) to the new Avata headset and fly with using the Triplet 8 screen instead?

Is this possible? Fly the Avata with Triplet 8 Pro tablet connected to headset? Naturally, I would use a tripod to mount headset and Tablet flying with montion controller or standard controller wireless.

Appreciate the information, that's what is holding me back from ordering the Avata, poor vision may not go well with using the FPV headset.

Paul
If I get to fly tomorrow, I'll close my left eye and take note of the challenges, if any.

Paul, you may find more Avata Goggle 2 users on the other forum eh? I've started reading but not yet joined there. I canceled my order 2x due to my hesitation with the geo-fencing, but it's still tempting me in the cart. :)
Thank you Walter,

I'll do that this week get on the Avata forum, hopefully get more information with Goggles 2. I'd like to use a tablet screen to view if I can't use the goggles.

Thanks again 🙂
Paul

If I get to fly tomorrow, I'll close my left eye and take note of the challenges, if any.
That will be great Squerly,

Appreciate this, yes please let me know if closing left eye how visual is on the goggles screen. That's what I need to know, appreciate this a lot 🙂

Enjoy the Avata, you're off to a great start having so much fun. Enjoy 😁
Paul

Appreciate this, yes please let me know if closing left eye how visual is on the goggles screen. That's what I need to know, appreciate this a lot 🙂

Enjoy the Avata, you're off to a great start having so much fun. Enjoy 😁
Paul
Actually Waldo, I don't have a Avata, yet! lol, yet being the operative word. But I do have the FPV DJI and goggles, so if I can see everything with one eye closed, I would assume you will have the same results with the Avata.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to fly today. Life gets in the way sometimes. But tomorrow I plan to do better. :)

Actually Waldo, I don't have a Avata, yet! lol, yet being the operative word. But I do have the FPV DJI and goggles, so if I can see everything with one eye closed, I would assume you will have the same results with the Avata.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to fly today. Life gets in the way sometimes. But tomorrow I plan to do better. :)
Thank you Squerly,

No hurry, appreciate you taking the time in the future to check out how one eye flights work out, and if you can't get to it I understand no worries.

Fortunately, Still have the eye just can't see out of it.
Optical nerve was crushed from an accident, luckily eye was saved and reconstruction to socket helped keep the eye to stay secured. Just can't see out of it, it hasn't stopped me from flying RC planes or drones 🙂

Thanks!
Paul

I sold my DJI FPV a while back, it was fun to fly both with goggles and without as was not using it as much as had planned. The motion controller once getting used to was interesting, however the gimbal and camera tracked to where the motion controller pointed, not a problem if you were carrying a gopro for capturing footage. With prop guards the DJI FPV is very wide, not as wide as an E2P with prop guards, however way wider than a DJI Mini. The DJI FPV is also loud. Looking forward to DJI Avata arriving soon...

Reactions: Squerly

OK my friend, I flew today and closed my left eye. I didn't have any real problems, but there is some important info on the left side of the goggles, like height, distance, etc. And that was a bit blurred when I glanced down/over at it.

When I made an effort to focus on it, everything was OK, But it takes a bit of practice. My guess is, you'll not have any problems, as you're probably pretty good at that kind of changing by this time.

OK my friend, I flew today and closed my left eye. I didn't have any real problems, but there is some important info on the left side of the goggles, like height, distance, etc. And that was a bit blurred when I glanced down/over at it.

When I made an effort to focus on it, everything was OK, But it takes a bit of practice. My guess is, you'll not have any problems, as you're probably pretty good at that kind of changing by this time.
Thank you Squerly 🙂

Appreciate you taking the time to check and confirm the single eye vision concern I was worried with, That is great news sounds like I'll be fine with minor vision issues.

The Avata will probably be my last drone purchase, with what's going on in the drone world and family priorities pretty sure the Avata will be last drone.

Once I'm able to get free time, will fly the Avata in Rocky mountain terrain and a forest of oak trees centuries old. Hopefully get one within a couple of months, looking so forward to flying one.

Thank again my friend 🙂
Paul

Reactions: Squerly
went fpv flying with goggle v2 today and used just one eye for an entire battery; not an issue for me. not ideal but very doable as long as you're not in manual mode trying to hit all the tiny gaps.

Thank you Squerly 🙂

Appreciate you taking the time to check and confirm the single eye vision concern I was worried with, That is great news sounds like I'll be fine with minor vision issues.

The Avata will probably be my last drone purchase, with what's going on in the drone world and family priorities pretty sure the Avata will be last drone.

Once I'm able to get free time, will fly the Avata in Rocky mountain terrain and a forest of oak trees centuries old. Hopefully get one within a couple of months, looking so forward to flying one.

Thank again my friend 🙂
Paul
The DJI Avata has been a blast to fly, with and without the goggles, indoors, outdoors, its camera and stability is amazing, night and day difference from the DJI FPV. Have flown it up and around tree tops where would not have flow the DJI FPV, let alone regular drone. Even flying with the motion controller is impressive, also Gyroflow support is interesting for butter smooth footage.

went fpv flying with goggle v2 today and used just one eye for an entire battery; not an issue for me. not ideal but very doable as long as you're not in manual mode trying to hit all the tiny gaps.
That's great kenautelevo2!

Appreciate you sharing your one eye FPV experience, will definitely be getting the Avata soon. Can hardly wait, looking so forward experiencing FPV flying.

Thanks again 🙂
Paul

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials