Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Found a home for my XSP

slvervper99

Reaction score
Well, I have been going back and forth on whether or not to get rid of my XSP. And it looks like it's going to a new home. Planning on giving it to my wife's brother in law in the Philippines. Yes "giving" not selling. It may not happen right away but we'll send it eventually, he understands that there will not be any parts or warranty or repair if he messes it up, so he promised to be careful with it. I've learned a lot from this site about my XSP, but I am happy with how my Anafi performs. So I'll either wait for a 2nd gen Anafi or a 2nd gen EVO or whatever Autel can cook up. My only issue with Autel is that they never really updated their Starlink app to keep up with the current iOS or at least I think that's what happened. Not sure if they're going to do the same thing with the Explorer app, hopefully they will not leave it like they left the XSP.

Heck you can send me with it and I can give him a few tips on how to fly it. Philippines sounds a lot better then the 10°F we had this morning. Let me know when to expect my plane ticket :)

Reactions: slvervper99
Heck you can send me with it and I can give him a few tips on how to fly it. Philippines sounds a lot better then the 10°F we had this morning. Let me know when to expect my plane ticket :)
If you can fit in the "Balikbayan box" (if you know any Filipinos in your area they would know what this box is :D), I can send you with the drone :D

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Your feelings about Autel not keeping up with the lates iOS are somewhat unfounded. In fact, it was Apple that did not make it's iOS: 1. Compatible with devices that were designed around previous iOS's, 2. Backwards compatible with Apple devices. People who were/are using Android devices did not experience the problems that people with Apple devices did. If all the manufacturers had to change and upgrade their devices (tablets, controllers, phones, etc) every time there was/is a OS upgrade, then those manufacturers would tell the OS provider to go fly a kite. Unfortunately, Apple's forever desire to be proprietary (with it's equipment and software) carries undeniable challenges. If you want to avoid problems when OS changes are made, then the odds of success will be greater if you choose to use an OS from a developer/manufacturer that does not seek to make their products so proprietary.

Your feelings about Autel not keeping up with the lates iOS are somewhat unfounded. In fact, it was Apple that did not make it's iOS: 1. Compatible with devices that were designed around previous iOS's, 2. Backwards compatible with Apple devices. People who were/are using Android devices did not experience the problems that people with Apple devices did. If all the manufacturers had to change and upgrade their devices (tablets, controllers, phones, etc) every time there was/is a OS upgrade, then those manufacturers would tell the OS provider to go fly a kite. Unfortunately, Apple's forever desire to be proprietary (with it's equipment and software) carries undeniable challenges. If you want to avoid problems when OS changes are made, then the odds of success will be greater if you choose to use an OS from a developer/manufacturer that does not seek to make their products so proprietary.
Hey man, you are probably right, but as as I stated here
or at least I think that's what happened.
you see, this is why I said that you may be right....it could be unfounded........but regardless of the Starlink app working properly or not on the iOS; I still like my XSP however, I just found a drone that I like better due to a number or reasons and not just the app issue.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jstewie86