Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Fly up a volcano

Volcano John

Reaction score
I need to be able to fly up the slopes of a volcano to the summit. It is more than 800 m above my head but I will not be violating any flight rules because the Drone itself will be no more than 100 feet above the slope of the volcano. This seems to be something that anyone who wants to go up a hill or a mountain or a volcano needs to have the capability of doing. How can you do search and rescue in a hilly or mountainous area with a restriction of 800 M from the location of the remote control. Does someone have the solution please

Interesting first post. Welcome to the forum. Which volcano do you plan on flying up? I know the FAA has just released wavers for S&R teams to fly BVLOS so you also need to take that into account. Not sure on how to by pass any restrictions on the EVO. That would be a better question for Autel support to answer.

Reactions: Volcano John
Is the volcano 800m MSL or AGL? You have a restriction of 800m high, but there is no such restriction for distance. You are limited by signal. Can you take off from a higher point, as to gain altitude to your favor? If you can go through the proper channels, I'm sure Autel can remove said restrictions, but you will have to contact them. That being said, Autel is the only drone that lets you fly upward above 500m, that I am aware of.

Reactions: Volcano John
The Planetarium at Mayon Volcano is at the 4000 ft mark but the summit is about 8000 ft. It is far too dangerous to climb this active volcano. A drone will fly close to the surface - maybe 100 ft but needs to ascend up the volcano 4000 ft from the location of the remote operator. An Autel EVO 2 would be perfect for these observations.

The Planetarium at Mayon Volcano is at the 4000 ft mark but the summit is about 8000 ft. It is far too dangerous to climb this active volcano. A drone will fly close to the surface - maybe 100 ft but needs to ascend up the volcano 4000 ft from the location of the remote operator. An Autel EVO 2 would be perfect for these observations.
Is there a mountain nearby which is as high as the volcano? According to my math, you will need to gain 1,220m to reach the top, which no consumer drone can achieve.

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
Is there a mountain nearby which is as high as the volcano? According to my math, you will need to gain 1,220m to reach the top, which no consumer drone can achieve.
Very clever. Trade vertical for horizontal. I don't think there is one that is accessible but I will check. And we both know the Evo 2 could climb miles high if set free. With the thermal option it can be used for seach and rescue on flatlands but unfortunately not in hills or mountains because of this false limitation. Too bad.

There is a way to bypass height restrictions on the Evo I and II, but I am forbidden in telling how. I would check with Autel support and see if they will lift the restrictions. If they tell you that they can't do it...not true. :cool:

There is a way to bypass height restrictions on the Evo I and II, but I am forbidden in telling how. I would check with Autel support and see if they will lift the restrictions. If they tell you that they can't do it...not true. :cool:
Using the Private message section would allow you to pass on any info you would like. ;)
Carry on and enjoy

Thanks Agustine, but I have been sworn to secrecy....just know that it can be done and it is very easy from what I have been told.
It would seem to me that Autel would be providing support for this kind of thing, being that the Evo II's seem to maybe being used more for Search and Rescue due to no NFZ enforcement.

Thanks Agustine, but I have been sworn to secrecy....just know that it can be done and it is very easy from what I have been told.
It would seem to me that Autel would be providing support for this kind of thing, being that the Evo II's seem to maybe being used more for Search and Rescue due to no NFZ enforcement.
So I am guessing we might see something from "nolimitdronez" sometime soon? ?

Nope. I have left nolimitdronez and now work for Drone Hacks. Much better software...and not saying anything more at this point. :eek:;)

Nope. I have left nolimitdronez and now work for Drone Hacks. Much better software...and not saying anything more at this point. :eek:;)
They talk freely about nolimitdronez on Mavicpilots forum so I see no reason to limit the info on here. Feel free to post away any info you care to share and I will take the blame if my boss is upset LOL ;)

No worries.....it's not a limit of this forum at all. I have been told to be quiet until we can release something. Oops. Said too much already. :oops:
Just need 1 question answered. Will you release the NFZ removal of the P4P v2?

Just need 1 question answered. Will you release the NFZ removal of the P4P v2?
Bro,
already done and out in Drone Hacks. Use custom Fly Control. I did a lot of testing on that hack. It works great!!!
NFZ removal and Altitude removal. Let me know if you have any issues, which you shouldn't.

• Love
Reactions: PingSpike and Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d