Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flight Logs gone after reinstalling Explorer App

Elroy

Reaction score
Short Version:
My EVO lost power and crashed. I reviewed the Flight Log & I sent the EVO to Autel. I uninstalled & Reinstalled the Explorer App. Now the Explorer App wont load/see my flight logs. Autel needs my Flight Logs and the Explorer App wont acknowledge them even though I can see them in my phone in the Explorer flight Log Folder. I sent a copy of the Log in question as an email attachment but Autel wont accept it. Now I have no way to send Autel the Flight Logs and porobably lost my EVO because there App has a possible glitch.

Long Version:
I recently had an issue of loosing power after 4 min of flight resulting in an uncontrolled landing (crash) into my driveway: (Battery charged 20x's, took off at 96%. Stayed 100ft over head entire flight, @ 4:15 I Got a Low Battery Warning and checked the low battery warning settings=20%, @4:35 EVO entered Critical Power Mode and started to Auto Land, @4:40 EVO lost power (Free fall 30ft) while descending from 100ft, Battery indicating >60% & 10.4V on impact). The EVO appeared to be intact (to my astonishment). Both front motors where extremely hot & smelt like burnt electronics. Rear motors & battery felt normal. I sent the EVO to Autel to be evaluated. I've watched the flight log over and over to see what I missed and how to learn from the mishap. I learned to pay more attention to the Battery Voltage and not the Battery % or Estimated Remaining Flight Time. I felt this was a software & speed control issue and should be covered by the warranty.

A week later (Still waiting to here from Autel) I downloaded & reinstalled the Explorer App (requirement to enter a drawing to win another EVO) I registered again with the same email, password, no big deal. The next day Autel contacts me wanting me to upload my flight logs.

Hears the problem: I open the Explorer App and my Flight Logs are gone (Nothing at all: 0Hours, 0Miles, 0Flights).I Look on my Phone, that I have always used to fly with (Galaxy S8 Active) and I find all my Flight Logs where they are supposed to be [My Files > Internal Storage > explorer > flightLog] but the App wont acknowledge them. The App sees my previous Waypoint missions [My Files > Internal Storage > explorer > Mission] and the Explorer App interacts with them but not the Flight Logs. I then made a "Copy" of all Flight Logs to my Google Drive. I contacted Autel and informed them of the issue and attached a copy of the Flight Logs in question. Later Autel again requests that I go through the process of Syncing my Flight Logs for review. After sync, Explorer reported No Flight Logs Available. I go back into my phone and all Flight Logs have disappeared from the phone directory. Autel states they cant use the attached Flight Logs I sent in my email. I have since copied and pasted my "copied Flight Logs" from my google drive back into the Explorer directory numerous times and they stay there until I open the Explorer App, then they vanish again.

Now I have to wait another week for more qualified technicians to look at my EVO before they make a decision. I thought a copy of the Flight Logs where also kept on the drone? How else are they supposed to trouble shoot a problem with customers that don't use a smart device? Any Ideas whats going on with the Flight Logs?

Last edited:
Anybody using: an Android device with Flight Logs, willing to uninstall & reinstall the Explorer App to see if they still have access to there Flight Logs?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo