Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Explorer app version 1.1.8.3 crashes on Samsung Tab A (10.5)

Reaction score
When my Autel Explorer app updated to Android version 1.1.8.3 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A ( 10.5) the app stopped working. The app no longer launches when the tablet is connected to the remote control. When the app is launched manually, an error message comes up saying “Autel Explorer app keeps stopping.” Previous versions of the Autel Explorer app have worked on this tablet for the last year-and-a-half since I purchased my Evo 2 Pro. The tablet is running Android 10 and I've never had any difficulties with the app or connecting with the remote control or aircraft before. I was fortunate to find the Android Autel Explorer app version 1.1.8.0 from a link on the Autel Pilots website and this version runs on my tablet without any issues. I confirmed the issue with version 1.1.8 3 not working on another Samsung Galaxy Tab A as well. The second tablet also runs version 1.1.8.0 without difficulty or issues but crashes with version 1.1.8.3. I also installed the new version (1.1 8.3) on a borrowed older Samsung Galaxy 7 phone which is running Android 9 and the app ran fine. At least I can continue to fly using my Tab A with the older app version 1.1.8.0 for now but I would like to be able to do updates in the future without the app crashing. I'm emailing this information to Autel Support hoping that they can correct the issue in a future app update.

Reactions: yiyunet and Wilkz
When my Autel Explorer app updated to Android version 1.1.8.3 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A ( 10.5) the app stopped working. The app no longer launches when the tablet is connected to the remote control. When the app is launched manually, an error message comes up saying “Autel Explorer app keeps stopping.” Previous versions of the Autel Explorer app have worked on this tablet for the last year-and-a-half since I purchased my Evo 2 Pro. The tablet is running Android 10 and I've never had any difficulties with the app or connecting with the remote control or aircraft before. I was fortunate to find the Android Autel Explorer app version 1.1.8.0 from a link on the Autel Pilots website and this version runs on my tablet without any issues. I confirmed the issue with version 1.1.8 3 not working on another Samsung Galaxy Tab A as well. The second tablet also runs version 1.1.8.0 without difficulty or issues but crashes with version 1.1.8.3. I also installed the new version (1.1 8.3) on a borrowed older Samsung Galaxy 7 phone which is running Android 9 and the app ran fine. At least I can continue to fly using my Tab A with the older app version 1.1.8.0 for now but I would like to be able to do updates in the future without the app crashing. I'm emailing this information to Autel Support hoping that they can correct the issue in a future app update.
Here's the link to download the apk file for v 1.1.8.0: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/stxzbk6z0zk9ylh/Explorer_V1.1.8.0-modelc-release.apk?dl=0

Current Version

V1.1.8.8.1

Latest Explorer app v 1.1.8.8.1 still won't work on Samsung Galaxy Tab A

Just downloaded and installed the latest Autel Explorer app v 1.1.8.8.1 and it still won't start on my Galaxy Tab A just like v 1.1.8.3. Fortunately I have the apk file for v 1.1.8.0 and I re-installed that older version. Once again my tablet loads the app (v 1.1.8.0) and functions properly. A side note: it appears that Autel has removed all apk files off their download website. I learned and I will not do updates if apk files are not available. I'm using v 1.1.8.0 and it works well and I can continue flyin'.

Im ignoramus when it comes to these things. My drone stopped doing missions, When I program one the uploading goes on forever and I have to land the drone. I did update the drone's software by using the SD card. I did so with the batteries too. Stil wont upload load missions.
How do you change the software in the remote?
Anyone has any idea how to factory reset the drone? maybe that will clear its brains
Someone said you can't go back to older software.
Thanks, Peter

Latest Explorer app v 1.1.8.8.1 still won't work on Samsung Galaxy Tab A

Just downloaded and installed the latest Autel Explorer app v 1.1.8.8.1 and it still won't start on my Galaxy Tab A just like v 1.1.8.3. Fortunately I have the apk file for v 1.1.8.0 and I re-installed that older version. Once again my tablet loads the app (v 1.1.8.0) and functions properly. A side note: it appears that Autel has removed all apk files off their download website. I learned and I will not do updates if apk files are not available. I'm using v 1.1.8.0 and it works well and I can continue flyin'.
hello ,, i too the same thing with my tab A mod- SM T 585. crashes with latest app. but it is fine with your same old version 1.1.8.0

I use Explorer version V1.1.8.25 Beta on my Tab A and have no issues. Maybe you can sign up to be a Beta tester and try that version.
I would try re setting the Android version on the Tab A to factory default and starting over.
My Smart controller just crashed for some reason. I think it tried to do an update and failed and wouldn't connect to the camera with everything
I tried until I re set Android.
It's a little bit of work to put everything back the way I had it but in the end it was worth it.

I use Explorer version V1.1.8.25 Beta on my Tab A and have no issues. Maybe you can sign up to be a Beta tester and try that version.
I would try re setting the Android version on the Tab A to factory default and starting over.
My Smart controller just crashed for some reason. I think it tried to do an update and failed and wouldn't connect to the camera with everything
I tried until I re set Android.
It's a little bit of work to put everything back the way I had it but in the end it was worth it.
I, on the other hand, think it's shameful that we write to Autel's technical support, and they don't answer us, that's a serious thing !! we don't have to stay here, smashing our heads to do test after test, with the danger of creating problems during the flight and maybe then losing the drone during the flight itself. don't you think? this is a real serious problem !! I've been writing to them for several days, and they don't answer me at all !! when I had DJI, their support, on the other hand, they were always available immediately, and also in my city of Rome, since they created a support centre here too !! this thing is very serious for me not to be helped in the same way!

• Haha
Reactions: GM Dave
my Samsung Tab A6, sometimes during the flight of the drone, the video jerks, while when I install the smartphone everything is fine, in your opinion, it should depend on the little memory it has inside, right? what can i do to lighten its hardware? what I was able to do, in my experience, is a factory reset, and I use the tab only for the drone ... but the video still jerks during some passages, which it does not do if I use the smartphone, so I think that is due to its 2016 hardware, so I'm here to ask for help from you more experts..thank you

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials