Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Explorer App IOS or Android?

Walleye

Reaction score
Getting an Evo. Which small tablet seems to work the best for Explorer? I read there are some limitations with the iPad.
Thanks!

I’d like to know this as well. I use android currently because of the delay with the iOS app, but wondering about current state. Use iPads with my other drones.

I'm wondering about this as well. I'm waiting on my Evo to arrive in the mail and I was wondering if the ios app had been fixed. I had heard it was pretty bad at least at first. Ironically the exact opposite of DJI. I'm thinking about getting a new iPhone so I'd really appreciate any input or experiences anyone has.

Autel are working on an updated version of the IOS app to bring it into line with the recently released Android update. The main feature missing from IOS atm is Precision Mode.

Autel are working on an updated version of the IOS app to bring it into line with the recently released Android update. The main feature missing from IOS atm is Precision Mode.
you can choose precision mode using only controller, when phone is disconnected.

Speaking of Android, I have an older tablet which is running an older version of Android than that recommend on the Flight Deck videos. I think they recommend Oreo 8.8 or something like that, while my tablet is running 5.0.2 which I believe is called Lollipop. Has anyone run into problems running the Explorer app on older Android versions? The app installs without any issues, I guess my concern would be in-flight issues. The tablet is an LG G pad 7.0 LTE, rooted, bloatware uninstalled.

I am testing current Explorer_V1.0.1.8.apk in an emulator. During install it claims not enough free space. How much space do I need?
Trying on an android 4.1.2 device, installing the apk returns "There was a problem parsing the package"

Last edited:
I'm wanting to revive this thread and glean more up-to-date information. With Explorer App updates and new tablets out there what would be considered the best tablet for using with EVO? I think I would favor a 7 or 8 inch tablet.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy