Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Expect to see more of this in the future____Preventing Airspace Hazards at the RBC Canadian Open

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
The 110th playing of Canada’s National Men’s Open Championship was underway this summer, with elite athletes competing and spectators cheering on the grand prize winner, Rory McIlroy.

"detect and classify drones up to one mile away,"

Wow, kind of overreaching the bounds of a golf course seems to me, but what do I know about golf other than it's a big waste of pasture land. ?
butch...........

Reactions: Alaska
"detect and classify drones up to one mile away,"

Wow, kind of overreaching the bounds of a golf course seems to me, but what do I know about golf other than it's a big waste of pasture land. ?
butch...........
It wasn't because of the gold course, but rather because of the tournament. These events bring big money to the event organizers, so they don't want wild footage out there. There was a surfing event where a Mavic showed up and started recording, so the producers decided to hover a helicopter on top of it, to take it down after various attempts to bring it down from the water. It also happened in this year's Superbowl, the FBI placed a similar system, but with greater range and caught 6 people flying their drones within the 30 mile radius NFZ.

It wasn't because of the gold course, but rather because of the tournament. These events bring big money to the event organizers, so they don't want wild footage out there. There was a surfing event where a Mavic showed up and started recording, so the producers decided to hover a helicopter on top of it, to take it down after various attempts to bring it down from the water. It also happened in this year's Superbowl, the FBI placed a similar system, but with greater range and caught 6 people flying their drones within the 30 mile radius NFZ.

"Caught 6 people flying their drones..." near their homes causing no problems to anyone whatsoever... I wonder what "punishment" they gave those people flying 30 MILES AWAY? I have never heard of a 30 mile NFZ - am I missing out here?

"Caught 6 people flying their drones..." near their homes causing no problems to anyone whatsoever... I wonder what "punishment" they gave those people flying 30 MILES AWAY? I have never heard of a 30 mile NFZ - am I missing out here?
In all honestly, I never did a follow up to what happened to these people, but I do know the FBI confiscated their drones and exhibited them as a warning to others.

I posted about it in one of our sister forums.

In all honestly, I never did a follow up to what happened to these people, but I do know the FBI confiscated their drones and exhibited them as a warning to others.

I posted about it in one of our sister forums.

They should enforce a 100 mile NFZ around that stadium just to be super safe ! ! ! (sarcasm - GMAFB!)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58