Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo SD Card Deal

Autelguy

Reaction score
I'm bummed. This looked like a good deal until I realized that the largest size SD Card we can use with an Autel Evo is 128GB. Besides, I don't know if this card would be fast enough.

It has "Evo" written all over it too :)

I'm curious if allowing for a larger SD Card would involve a firmware or hardware upgrade?

Back in the 80's I remember when 1GB drives cost a grand - Crazy huh?

Now for those real geeks.. close your eyes and envision your US Robotics 2400 Baud Modem chomping away for 20 minutes downloading a Gif of "that girl" in that bikini (while your having dinner with your wife). What color was the label? Don't cheat!! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191212-000700_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20191212-000700_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    508.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
That's the brand name of Samsung sd cards. I always use a 64gb card. I never bother to buy a bigger one because I usually fly with aircraft, go home, take the SD card out, put it in the computer and drag out all the videos. Then when I use again the aircraft, I do a format first to make sure it is properly clean and do all the sequence again.

Reactions: Ansia
I use the 32 GB cards... 5 for $30
I keep a pack of them in my EVO case.
I just record the video, watch it on my big screen and when the card is full, date the card and store them in a wallet size
holder. If I need to edit a video, I can then get it from the card. Keeps from filling up my hard drive.
i bought a portable HD for my DJI and Typhoon H, but just got too lazy to transfer the videos to it !
Everyone has their own system !

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Clas...tronics&sprefix=Samsung+32+GB,electronics,191

Reactions: macoman
When dealing with drones, because anything can happen, I offload the videos from each subject flight when possible. It's like keeping all of your eggs in one basket, if you don't. One prop failure and you can't recover the bird, you've lost all the eggs..

Reactions: RCAdik
My 32GB works well. I don't do a lot of video since it's hard to find anyone interested long enough to sit and watch a long video. But photos they like. 128GB would be fine for you.

Reactions: butch
One benefit of bigger cards is less overwrites, the eventual demise of all sd cards. I use 128 Evo cards and swap them out every time I fly.

It’s more reasonable to use 32gb only for drone flying since Is cheap and faster respond

It’s more reasonable to use 32gb only for drone flying since Is cheap and faster respond
32 is not quicker. The question posed above was that 128 was the largest card that could be used. I'm just saying 256 can also be used

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SycamoreGroves