Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo Repair by Autel

swings16

Reaction score
2 weeks ago i was flying at my local spot..a NYC park near my home

When i arrived and set up i neglected to put the Antennae up and out...they were flat against the controller

As a result of my NOT going through a CHECK LIST before flight,my Evo dropped from the sky + it was Damaged..specifically,the Camera

a week ago I sent it to Autel for repair

I got a message Yesterday re the repair

They replaced the damaged camera and the price was $230.00

They updated all the firmware...they also replaced the the USB Port cover (no Charge)

At first i thought that the price was a bit on the $ HIGH $ side but when i factor in the FREE shipping BOTH ways and NO tax...i think it was a reasonable amount

the communications between Autel + i were another example of my satisfaction...All questions were answered quickly and with follow ups as well

Lesson learned !...CHECK LIST...EVERY TIME

LUCKILY (for me..in a small way) it has been raining almost EVERY day since i sent the Evo in...i DIDN'T miss any flying time ...Hopefully clear skies and no wind ahead...Best to ALL...Martin/Swings16

Ouch, Swing, sorry it hit your pocket book so hard. But like you said it's a lesson learned although the hard way.
I was lucky that my camera was not damaged in my idiot move. They only replace the gimbal motors and not the camera. I heard somewhere that the camera part was expensive. I also learned a lesson. Don't go up when OA kicks in facing a tree, always go back.
Autel was pleasant to deal with, another satisfied customer.
butch

Reactions: swings16
Sometimes people learn..THE HARD WAY...I sure did...I got a LESSON and i LEARNED

I can guarantee that i will not ever ...do THAT again

NOW all i am concerned with is getting it BACK

All is well and thanks for sharing YOUR experience with ME...YOU played a big part of in my choosing Autel to do the work and Thanks ..it turned out well

Sometimes people learn..THE HARD WAY...I sure did...I got a LESSON and i LEARNED

I can guarantee that i will not ever ...do THAT again

NOW all i am concerned with is getting it BACK

All is well and thanks for sharing YOUR experience with ME...YOU played a big part of in my choosing Autel to do the work and Thanks ..it turned out well

I am sure you will get it back in fine shape. They will notify you when it is shipped. I had to sign for the delivery, so you may need to be at home.
butch

I fail to understand how folded antennas cause the bird to fall off the sky. Wouldn't that cause the bird to just lose signal?
I am thinking the same thing, if it lost signal it wouldn't it just RTH?
butch...

I fail to understand how folded antennas cause the bird to fall off the sky. Wouldn't that cause the bird to just lose signal?
Hey...you know...i questioned the whole thing too...i ASSUMED THAT was the cause

Another thing that happened was the fact that the Battery was ejected from the bird and i THOUGH (not sure) that i heard That (the battery) hit the ground before the Evo

You pose a good question...Might the battery popping open be he problem ? ALTHOUGH they seem to be Rock solid when inserted ("CORRECTLY")

Might i have sent it up not totally seated ?

i truly was stunned when the crash happened...it didn't add up

They said that they (autel) examined the Flight logs...Don't know if there was something OFF on them...i assume they would have said something if they found something out of line with the records

EXCELLENT point though Ansia...Thanks

Reactions: Ansia
I’ve screwed up the antennas before. It definitely doesn’t drop from the sky. Only disconnects and returns home. Something else happened for it to drop out of the sky.

Reactions: swings16
Yes...i have been made aware of this

i believe that the culprit was my Battery not having been locked in all the way

i heard a crashing noise and it was loud and i believe it was the Battery being ejected

sadly the Evo landed hard on the CAMERA

i picked it up after the crash...HOPING it might fly

it DID...And the camera worked too !

BUT...the camera kept going through the start up sequence ...i got video from the camera too but it kept going round and round/Up Down..Over and over non stop

Still waiting for it from Autel Repair...$ 230 ..New,full camera assembly...almost a month later

it IS on the way back to me..in 5 days

Yes...i have been made aware of this

i believe that the culprit was my Battery not having been locked in all the way

i heard a crashing noise and it was loud and i believe it was the Battery being ejected

sadly the Evo landed hard on the CAMERA

i picked it up after the crash...HOPING it might fly

it DID...And the camera worked too !

BUT...the camera kept going through the start up sequence ...i got video from the camera too but it kept going round and round/Up Down..Over and over non stop

Still waiting for it from Autel Repair...$ 230 ..New,full camera assembly...almost a month later

it IS on the way back to me..in 5 days
I've heard reports of the EVO 2 being able to take off even though the battery isn't *LOCKED* all the way into place- so any movement in flight usually shakes the battery out, and your drone would definitely drop to the ground then.... I'm guessing that is what happened.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman