Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO experience - worth it?

the problem with that is for those of us that get it as an aerial camera system and not just for the joy of flying. The EVO should be adjustable infinitely as the DJIs are, the app should provide at least the range of autonomous modes as the well ... others, That jerky habit is a real shortcoming in mho, stability is also an issue, and maybe the reason there is no pano in the app. I'm not against doing manual panos, but in this dy and age a 360 pano should be automated for the sake of clarity and accuracy.
Autel is saying that is trying to improve the experience. DJI didn't get it right until the P3s came out. Let's give them this year and see what happens.

Bonsoir
Je vous écris depuis la France
Je vole avec EVO depuis 6 mois et je suis toujours épaté des qualités de ce très beau drone.
Pour moi sa caméra est a ce jour ce qui ce fait de mieux, et je sais de quoi je parle !
J'ai volé des centaines d'heures, et fait des tonnes de vidéos avec !
je n'ai eue qu'un seul crash et c'était de ma faute !!
Même vivant en France, et n'ayant pas de support client, je suis très heureux de mon choix .
N’hésitez pas, vous ne le regretterez pas et si vous voulez voir ce que je fait avec ..
4K Autel Robotic EVO - YouTube
I translated his comments with Google Translate:
good evening
I write from France
I've been flying with EVO for 6 months and I'm always amazed by the qualities of this beautiful drone.
For me his camera is to this day what's best, and I know what I'm talking about!
I flew hundreds of hours, and made tons of videos with it!
I had only one crash and it was my fault !!
Even living in France, and having no customer support, I am very happy with my choice.
Do not hesitate, you will not regret it and if you want to see what I do with ..

Reactions: Zigzag84
My first camera drone was the Parrot Bebop. Bought a PH3S for more stable camera work and moved to the PH3A instantly because of the crappy WIFI range. Then bought a Spark to take on a trip to Hawaii. Bought the Air in March. Upgraded the PH3A to a PH4P and bought a Evo this fall.

I love my PH4P the best as a camera, hate it for traveling.

Love the Spark for the size, and in sport mode it is kinda fun, but the gimble and 1080 is limiting. That said, the videos from Hawaii look great. So if on a budget, do go this way.

My Air is my go to for just messing around as it is a great balance for a compact uav. Good camera, portable, a good battery life. Range for me is great. In the open desert, I got 2 miles. Around my house never an issue. More then enough for everyday use.

My Evo is great. I think it is close to the PH4P in normal light. Not as good in bright, bright light or in low light. Range is way more dependable then the Air, but still susceptible to interference compared to the PH4P.

Overall each is great for different purposes and moods. If I am just playing I go for the Spark, if i am playing but want some footage, the Air. If I am really filming it is the Evo or PH4P, depending on conditions.

Autel is saying that is trying to improve the experience. DJI didn't get it right until the P3s came out. Let's give them this year and see what happens.
I remember playing the waiting game back in the last Autel go around. I'll be waiting again, but, this time....B4 purchasing.

Reactions: Ansia
I remember playing the waiting game back in the last Autel go around. I'll be waiting again, but, this time....B4 purchasing.
I bought my Evo in case Geofencing 2.0 slapped me in the face, but I'm loving my experience with it, even with limitations with apps.

You can't go wrong with the evo. I have the Yuneec Typhoon H Pro, but after buying the Evo, it is now my go to drone. it is stable and the videos are outstanding. check out my first fly with the Evo.

Reactions: macoman and Ansia
I'm with most of you on the controls of the Evo. I love mine but I would like more expo as far as direction control. I bought a used X-Star Premium and flew it for the first time today. About 45 seconds into my flight, I was thinking.... Man! If my Evo flew like this...

The design of the X-Star has its advantages over the Evo because of it's lower center of gravity. Something else I noticed is that the Evo doesn't drift around like the X-Star in a light wind.

I love them both and if I had it to do over again, I would still do the same thing. Buy them both!

Reactions: Ansia
the problem with that is for those of us that get it as an aerial camera system and not just for the joy of flying. The EVO should be adjustable infinitely as the DJIs are, the app should provide at least the range of autonomous modes as the well ... others, That jerky habit is a real shortcoming in mho, stability is also an issue, and maybe the reason there is no pano in the app. I'm not against doing manual panos, but in this dy and age a 360 pano should be automated for the sake of clarity and accuracy.

Even in sport mode the Air is more accurately adjustable. My biggest gripe about the Evo. I prefer it, but if they could fix this it would make it that much better.

Reactions: mixchief
Even in sport mode the Air is more accurately adjustable. My biggest gripe about the Evo. I prefer it, but if they could fix this it would make it that much better.
I agree, EVO should not fall asleep if they really want to capture a loyal following which has been DJIs strong suit

I have finally set up my EVO after having it sitting unboxed for months...i didn't use it because i have a MP1 that is setup and ready to go AND i am lazy !
Another major problem is living in NYC...Wintertime weather is not friendly for flying...I had no idea that the controller has its own screen for seeing your flight without having to hook up a Ipad/Phone etc.

All set..batteries charged (got the EVO at Best Buy for a little over 800 $..WITH 2 extra batteries...xtra 2 sets of props...carrying bags and extras etc. A FANTASTIC buy)

It is sitting on my coffee table .. i am waiting for my first flight and i am excited !

I need...LESS wind...every day has been 10/20 mph winds...freezing temps...

I can't wait to fly...i am totally happy with my MP..it has been flawless in every way since day 1...haven't flown enough because of the weather..in total..25 flights since i picked it up 6 months ago

I am sitting here typing and in the background i hear Howling wind ...another NO FLY day

Thanks All

Martin...NYC

I have finally set up my EVO after having it sitting unboxed for months...i didn't use it because i have a MP1 that is setup and ready to go AND i am lazy !
Another major problem is living in NYC...Wintertime weather is not friendly for flying...I had no idea that the controller has its own screen for seeing your flight without having to hook up a Ipad/Phone etc.

All set..batteries charged (got the EVO at Best Buy for a little over 800 $..WITH 2 extra batteries...xtra 2 sets of props...carrying bags and extras etc. A FANTASTIC buy)

It is sitting on my coffee table .. i am waiting for my first flight and i am excited !

I need...LESS wind...every day has been 10/20 mph winds...freezing temps...

I can't wait to fly...i am totally happy with my MP..it has been flawless in every way since day 1...haven't flown enough because of the weather..in total..25 flights since i picked it up 6 months ago

I am sitting here typing and in the background i hear Howling wind ...another NO FLY day

Thanks All

Martin...NYC
Have fun!! Hope you updated the firmware.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg