Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO Broke...less then a week.

They are so quiet on start up if you had a hearing issue you would have to look at the props to know its running.
From where I stand (10ft away) I can't see if the props are rotating or not - and the total silence is discombobulating. My 100% reliable method of checking the motors is to take off.

\ / sticks in that configuration. In towards center and down. That shuts the motors off.. Even in flight!

Reactions: Ansia
I think the reason they use this stick position to shut the motors down is because if you put the sticks in this position and didn't bottom them out the air craft would be descending, turning hard to the right, backing up and sliding to the left at the same time a very unlikely flying condition. I toe in to start the motors and use the left stick full down to stop the motors because a lot of the time I hand catch and I need to shut it down with one hand.

Reactions: UnRanged
You don't. But you'll never use it by accident either. Well, I shouldn't say never, so I'll say you'll not ever use it by accident either...
I can't imagine my $1000 investment going down the toilet because I turned the motors offline in mid air.

Reactions: UnRanged
I can't imagine my $1000 investment going down the toilet because I turned the motors offline in mid air.

No one does... But theoretically if it was flying away towards a busy highway, airport or flipped upside down on an emergency landing andthe props are still spinning then it becomes useful.

Reactions: macoman
This could easily be fixed with a firmware.

To tell the drone, if motors are spinning faster than idle, don't shut them off.

Another thread discussing the toe in toe out emergency stop feature, and how unlikely it is to accidentally engage it in flight. Very Unlikely, as it takes about 2-3 seconds to actuate... Which is a LONG time

Yeah, that seems like a long time for sure. I know on the Phantom series they updated the firmware to make it 3 secs or so, as apparently a few had managed to shut down their phantom in mid flight. I can't even imagine! LOL

Yeah, that seems like a long time for sure. I know on the Phantom series they updated the firmware to make it 3 secs or so, as apparently a few had managed to shut down their phantom in mid flight. I can't even imagine! LOL
On my P4P when you do that mid flight, nothing happens. Now the way to turn them off is putting left to 5 and hitting the RTH button.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy