Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 pro rugged bundle of joy arrived

pedals2paddles

Reaction score
Well worth the wait! Drone-works delivered this lovely new toy on Sunday. Of course as soon as the batteries were charged, our 3 week long drought ended and it began raining. Got out to fly once in the evening to try out some of the camera functions and make sure it doesn't explode. I'm very happy! All these camera settings is going to force me to learn how to properly use a real camera now too. Until yesterday, I don't think I've ever even used the word appeture in a sentence.

evo.jpg solo.jpg

I'm one of these people that will splurge extra $$ on a really nice product and keep it for years rather than constantly buying something new. Which is why I bought the pro instead of the 8k. I expect this will keep me happy for many years, basically as long as batteries are available.

I've been keeping the 3DR solo going for years and it still a fantastic aircraft. But no matter how great the firmware and airframe is, it is still a GoPro 4 and will always be a limited to that. I can't keep relying on a 5 year old GoPro 4 to take professional looking photos and videos in 2020. So it will still be a copter to mess around with for fun and tinker with firmware. I still prefer ArduPilot over anything else. But the Solo is now the backup for aerial photography.

Well worth the wait! Drone-works delivered this lovely new toy on Sunday. Of course as soon as the batteries were charged, our 3 week long drought ended and it began raining. Got out to fly once in the evening to try out some of the camera functions and make sure it doesn't explode. I'm very happy! All these camera settings is going to force me to learn how to properly use a real camera now too. Until yesterday, I don't think I've ever even used the word appeture in a sentence.

View attachment 7770 View attachment 7771

I'm one of these people that will splurge extra $$ on a really nice product and keep it for years rather than constantly buying something new. Which is why I bought the pro instead of the 8k. I expect this will keep me happy for many years, basically as long as batteries are available.

I've been keeping the 3DR solo going for years and it still a fantastic aircraft. But no matter how great the firmware and airframe is, it is still a GoPro 4 and will always be a limited to that. I can't keep relying on a 5 year old GoPro 4 to take professional looking photos and videos in 2020. So it will still be a copter to mess around with for fun and tinker with firmware. I still prefer ArduPilot over anything else. But the Solo is now the backup for aerial photography.

That's what I'm looking at for replacing my M2P - which is still very good.

Did you get a third battery in your bundle? Does that charger charge all of them at once? Where did you get it?

Have fun! thanks!

The copter comes with a battery. The rugged bundle comes with the case and an extra battery. I bought one additional battery and the multi charger. From Drone Works.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials