Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 pro 6k Battery question

John B

Reaction score
I have a question about my evo 2 pro 6k battery. On one of my batteries, when I click to see the status of the battery, the light(s) stay on for a long time (5 mins). Is this normal? The battery is not swollen at all. Also when I put it on the hub charger, when it is fully charged all of the lights usually go off. This one stays on. These batteries cost too much to replace.

Thanks in advance

I have a question about my evo 2 pro 6k battery. On one of my batteries, when I click to see the status of the battery, the light(s) stay on for a long time (5 mins). Is this normal? The battery is not swollen at all. Also when I put it on the hub charger, when it is fully charged all of the lights usually go off. This one stays on. These batteries cost too much to replace.

Thanks in advance

None of my batteries do that, how many charging cycles has it been through? You can put the battery in the EVO and check the number of cycles in the app. I would also take a video of it and send the video to Autel requesting additional assistance. The last thing you want is a battery fire or for the EVO to drop out of the air.

Have seen that where the light will stay on for awhile, no signs of battery damage, bloating, etc. Usually occurs when on charging hub. Going to try running that battery down as low as possible then see what happens. Also if you have or use air data (if not, there is a free trial version) upload your logs, and you can see your battery history and details.

Reactions: John B
Put the battery in drone and save on card the firmware, rewrite the firmware.
Sometimes appears errors in writing firmware, I had one with gimbal and it was completely dead...a rewritten of FW manually solved the problem.
Also I have a battery that was at 100%, after 3 minutes of fly started to scream that is landing as there is no more juice in it...Rewritten FW, recharged the battery, tested it in hoover mode for 30 minutes, all good, no variations of power in cells...so...sometime a FW rewrite is helpful.

I just took my bird out since may. When I put the battery in and did all
My pre check for flight. All was green good to go, put her up got up to about 75 ft and message came on “ damage battery “ , she quickly turned around and returned home. Is there away to reset the battery’s. This battery is not swollen , never been dropped. Please advise.

Put the battery in drone and save on card the firmware, rewrite the firmware.
Sometimes appears errors in writing firmware, I had one with gimbal and it was completely dead...a rewritten of FW manually solved the problem.
Also I have a battery that was at 100%, after 3 minutes of fly started to scream that is landing as there is no more juice in it...Rewritten FW, recharged the battery, tested it in hoover mode for 30 minutes, all good, no variations of power in cells...so...sometime a FW rewrite is helpful.
Geodrone, how do I go about a fw rewrite ?

No, what’s the process?
1. Charge the battery fully till all LEDs are off
2. Press and hold the battery button for a several seconds
3. Balancing will begin.

This will take a fseveral mins.

I know several cases when this has helped to fix new batteries.

Ok so I started the process with my battery. All indicator lights have been well over 15 minutes.once balancing is done What is suppose to happen, that will inform me of battery either being ok or having issues/ damage ?

1. Charge the battery fully till all LEDs are off
2. Press and hold the battery button for a several seconds
3. Balancing will begin.

This will take a fseveral mins.

I know several cases when this has helped to fix new batteries.

Are you leaving it on the charger when you do this?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58