Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 2 and EVO 1 software - question on similarity

Dougcjohn

Reaction score
I have a EVO1, haven't used it much.
Seriously looking at the EVO 2 DUO as a year end purchase.

For those with both platforms. Is the RC / Tablet software the same SW Program and/or features similar... minus the specific differences per platform differences.

Does the extent of Map Grid autonomous, way point & placement methods, SW flight features, RC data screen layouts, and tuning parameters screens... as examples look & operate the same?

Not inquiring on EVO2 physical platform, it's a newer better all around craft... that's a given; more focused on SW program side. In SW, were there any significant gain or loss transitioning to new EVO2 within SW tools?

Considering the EVO2 DUO in place of using M210 XT or XT2 with Z30 / X5S dual gimbal setup... Have the XT Full Radiometric 640 19mm, and was planning to aquire an XT2 640... but leaning towards the EVO2 DUO. I can use the XT 640 Full Radiometric when Full-Rad and JPG-R images are needed since EVO2 DUO is not Full Radiometric.

Several EVO2 DUO YouTubes are indicating positive, including several from Garret Bryl on SAR usefulness.

I personally found the EVO1 disappointing in comparison to other platforms in multiple tangents. I'm feeling the EVO2 would be a positive and with it's improved features and potentially new features seem to be gaining each month.

Not a fan of Pix4D flight app lack of features; other options exist for DJI crafts... EVO2 is currently more constrainted in app options. The limited 3rd party apps is concerning to make a $10k investment. Thought I'd take a deeper look at EVO OEM SW to see what EVO2 might offer.

Reactions: bladerunner
I sold my Evo when I got the E2P a few months ago... and yes, it's the same Autel Explorer app. I personally haven't noticed all that much difference in the two as far as the software goes... I'm talking about the settings, calibrations, picture/video taking... etc...

The Evo 2 is a very nice upgrade and I'm quite happy with it. There's a few minor software bugs (gimbal not ready) that have yet to be ironed out but no issues as far as flying the aircraft and getting some nice shots. The first week I took mine to eastern Washington and got some amazing footage flying along the Columbia River. The range is excellent.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg