Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 1 CHARGER ON EVO 2 BATTERIES ?

Ianodp

Reaction score
Hi all
this question has probably been posted by someone but if so I can’t find it
so can you usr the original EVO 1 charger on the EVO 2 batteries …the connector looks the same ?
Thanks

without looking up spec's;
I believe the II battery needs way more current that the I charger can produce

Hi all
this question has probably been posted by someone but if so I can’t find it
so can you usr the original EVO 1 charger on the EVO 2 batteries …the connector looks the same ?
Thanks

I would email Autel support with that question. As far as I could find it seems like they only made one charger so it should work for both if the pinouts and connector are the same; but LiPo batteries are very dangerous when used with the wrong charger; its not worth the risk if you are unsure. The pinout on the charger could look identical but behind the scenes the balancing wiring or the current draw could be different. For safety, the drone makers typically make sure the connector will not fit if the battery is not compatible, but Autel may not have done that.

I compared the two's battery specs and they have identical max charge voltage just the EVO II battery has higher mAH storage capacity and they are probably both 3C batteries so in theory the charger should be the same but it would take longer to charge the EVO II's batteries vs the EVO I. I would still email Autel before charging it with the EVO 2 charger or hub.

Prior to drones being invented, I used to fly RC helicopters and back then you bought one balancing charger that could pretty much charge any LiPo battery out there; but you had to program in the proper voltage, current output, battery size (1C, 2C, 3C, etc.), and some other parameters. If you input any of them wrong the battery or charger could catch on fire, or the battery's life would be greatly shortened.

Last edited:
I would email Autel support with that question. As far as I could find it seems like they only made one charger so it should work for both if the pinouts and connector are the same; but LiPo batteries are very dangerous when used with the wrong charger; its not worth the risk if you are unsure. The pinout on the charger could look identical but behind the scenes the balancing wiring or the current draw could be different. For safety, the drone makers typically make sure the connector will not fit if the battery is not compatible, but Autel may not have done that.

I compared the two's battery specs and they have identical max charge voltage just the EVO II battery has higher mAH storage capacity and they are probably both 3C batteries so in theory the charger should be the same but it would take longer to charge the EVO II's batteries vs the EVO I. I would still email Autel before charging it with the EVO 2 charger or hub.

Prior to drones being invented, I used to fly RC helicopters and back then you bought one balancing charger that could pretty much charge any LiPo battery out there; but you had to program in the proper voltage, current output, battery size (1C, 2C, 3C, etc.), and some other parameters. If you input any of them wrong the battery or charger could catch on fire, or the battery's life would be greatly shortened.
Thanks for the quick response it explains what I needed to know .... I’ll just play safe and keep them separate for charging !!!!
cheers

Thanks for the quick response it explains what I needed to know .... I’ll just play safe and keep them separate for charging !!!!
cheers

Just charged an EVO 2 battery with an EVO 1 charger, no problem. Didn't time the charging but seemed reasonable. Couldn't find my EVO 2 charger so rather than pay $78 plus shipping for a new charger thought I'd try the EVO 1 charger. Glad I did.

Reactions: Pork Belly
For what its worth, while the model numbers are slightly different, there are a lot of similarities. The Evo 1 charger is 10w less output than the Evo 2 charger (50w vs 60w). Both chargers are labeled as MaxAD_3SA.

The Evo 1 model number is: XA3_130
The Evo 2 model number is: XA3_1320

Reactions: Pork Belly

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials