Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 1 battery as a power bank is it possible?

Antonello

Reaction score
can the evo 1 battery be used as a power bank? I tried to connect it to the charger without connecting it to the mains then from the usb output I connected both the controller and a mobile phone but nothing happens
the battery turned it on
is there any other way?

can the evo 1 battery be used as a power bank? I tried to connect it to the charger without connecting it to the mains then from the usb output I connected both the controller and a mobile phone but nothing happens
the battery turned it on
is there any other way?

You would need some kind of converter to do that and none exist. The charger method would never work; the charger is an AC to DC converter which requires the input voltage of 120VAC which it then converts to DC and to the USB and flight battery required voltage levels. It would be far better to just get a power bank vs trying to use a flight battery this way. Flight batteries are expensive and have a very limited number of charge cycles.

Reactions: Antonello
You would need some kind of converter to do that and none exist. The charger method would never work; the charger is an AC to DC converter which requires the input voltage of 120VAC which it then converts to DC and to the USB and flight battery required voltage levels. It would be far better to just get a power bank vs trying to use a flight battery this way. Flight batteries are expensive and have a very limited number of charge cycles.
I asked this question because on youtube there is a video of the autel that shows how to use the evo2 battery as a power bank and connects it in the same way described by me in the previous post

I asked this question because on youtube there is a video of the autel that shows how to use the evo2 battery as a power bank and connects it in the same way described by me in the previous post

Do you happen to have a link to the video? I am always open to learning something new and have never heard of this capability. I still think it would be the most expensive battery power bank out there. A quick Amazon search shows a few power banks for less than $30.00 vs $200+ for a flight battery. But if you are ever in the middle of nowhere and need emergency power for your cell phone this could be an interesting option (if it actually works as advertised).

Reactions: Antonello
I tend to agree a power bank would be cheaper for sure. There is a charger that will act as a go between to allow you to use your batteries as a power bank as long as it is not plugged into the wall. The USB out on the charger and the battery mounted on the charger when powered on acts like a power bank.
So the cost of a new charger plus the cost of your battery makes this option not realistic.

Reactions: herein2021
Hai per caso un link al video? Sono sempre aperto a imparare qualcosa di nuovo e non ho mai sentito parlare di questa capacità. Continuo a pensare che sarebbe il power bank a batteria più costoso in circolazione. Una rapida ricerca su Amazon mostra alcuni power bank per meno di $ 30,00 contro $ 200+ per una batteria di volo. Ma se ti trovi nel bel mezzo del nulla e hai bisogno di alimentazione di emergenza per il tuo cellulare, questa potrebbe essere un'opzione interessante (se funziona davvero come pubblicizzato).

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Not advisable, as the battery have a limited cycles...is less expensive to buy a 40.000 mAh rechargeable battery for this.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58