Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Drone recommendation?

mjbok

Reaction score
Some of my friends have asked what drone I recommend. It's really a tough question to ask without more information.

I always say for a starter drone get a 150 dollar one to see if you really have an interest. If they poo-poo that I saw to start with a Spark. It's not a huge out of pocket investment if you shop around, and you can get a full kit for about 300 and it is a serviceable drone, even if it lacks 4k.

Of course a lot of people are "all-in" from the start. They don't want a starter drone, they want to jump to their final drone, which makes it even more difficult. I say you can come out with me and we're fly a bunch of models and see if there's one that they really like, but that never seems to go over well either.

My question is what would be your recommended drone if you could only get one? I fly my Evo more than all my others combined and I'm tempted to sell my Air as I never use it anymore, but it does have some things that it bests the Evo on, but it's never just the drone, it's the drone plus everything else. In my humble opinion you need the following:

1. Drone ($?)
2. Extra props ($30)
3. Extra batteries (at least one, but probably two) ($75-$200)
4. A decent case ($50)
5. A phone or tablet (I prefer a dedicated one rather than using my regular phone) ($75-$150)
6. A landing pad ($20)

Just on extras (unless you get a fly-more bundle) you're looking at another $300 easy.

What am I missing and what would you recommend?

For someone just starting out I would say just get somthing like this

Can't watch that from work. So many of the cheap drones are cheap for a reason and having flown some of them it would put me off the hobby for good. It is hard to fly a cheap drone, it is relatively easy to fly an expensive drone (nerves aside).

When I was out doing some stuff for a friend with my Evo I brought my Spark and said her son can fly it if he wants. Easy to fly, plus in starter mode you can't go far.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles