Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Drone killer

• Thread starter Deleted member 9417
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 9417

Seems rather odd to me that Autel Robotics is selling a drone jamming device. Screen Shot 2023-06-19 at 12.54.42 PM.png

Because that's not the Autel website. The Autel website is autelrobotics.com.

Regardless of who's selling the ---- thing, if it jams a drone it will probably jam or interfere with anything, including crewed aircraft. It seems like the FAA would try to ban the **** thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless of who's selling the thing, if it jams a drone it will probably jam or interfere with anything, including crewed aircraft. It seems like the FAA would try to ban the thing.
It isn't even for sale in the USA. Jamming equipment like that is already tightly regulated by the FCC in the USA. The FFC regulates RF transmissions, not the FAA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: garycsan
Because once again, that is not the Autel Robotics company's website. That is a retail company that sells drone things, including Autel Robotics products, among other things. That drone jamming device is not made by or sold by Autel Robotics. It is made my Skyfend, the very first word of the advertisement for it. Skyfend is totally unrelated Chinese company.

Again, The Autel website is autelrobotics.com.
You're 100% right and it's confusing as heck. I suspect there's a relationship between Autel Pilot, Autel Robotics, and Autel vehicle scanners (the mother company of Autel Robotics) but I'm not privy to that info. We do know companies in China are interconnected through the CCP. How much is unknown as well.

Having said all that, it is weird that a drone seller would also be selling a drone jamming device, even as a 3rd party seller. DJI used to sell a device to jam and locate their own drones. I understand they stopped.

If you want to learn more about drone jammers, check out the site below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dandandan